Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Protein Power (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Slow Burn Fitness Revolution and PPLP? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=89807)

Bienvenu Sat, Mar-01-03 16:22

Slow Burn Fitness Revolution and PPLP?

I've been following, though not religiously, the Protein Power Lifeplan (hedonist mode) and recently got a copy of the Doctors Eades' latest, The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution. I find the arguments interesting, but wonder whether the exercise prescriptions put forward in _Protein Power LifePlan_ (aerobics, for example) have now been abandoned by the good Drs. An email to their website has so far gone unanswered.

It would be pleasant indeed if I could fit all of the necessary "resistance" (=weights) training into 30 minutes a week. :D

Boone County, MO

Kristine Sun, Mar-02-03 13:32

Hi! I was thinking of getting that book, but if it involves long, slow weight training sessions, forget it. :D I don't have the attention span! :daze: My resistance training is short, sweet and to-the-point.

I can't really answer your question, but I'd bet that the Eadeses haven't totally abandoned their old advice. I think it depends on individual philosophy. I basically adopted their 'paleolithic' exercise: short bursts, try to be generally active all the time. Their new book was probably aimed at people who want to take it to the next level, and are *willing* to put in the time. (I don't fall into that category. :D )

Was that remotely helpful? The book is new, so I'm not sure if anyone else around here has read it...

CaroleSP Wed, Mar-05-03 15:04

Slow Burn

I've got that book on hold for me at the library. Once I get a chance to read it, I'll let you guys know what I think.....
Carole
:)

bigassss Tue, Mar-11-03 02:03

I have read the book and have been doing the workouts approx. once a week for about a month. It is pretty tough but really only takes 30 minutes! After doing the workout, the next day I am a bit sore.

I have seen results in improved strength and some of my muscles are a bit larger as well. I am surprised because I didn't think it was possible to get results with so little time spent.

This is a great workout if you are super busy or even lazy - because you do it and then it is over for several days.

Pretty cool!

Kristine Wed, Mar-12-03 17:53

Hmm. I could probably be talked into putting in a longer session in exchange for more days off...

giggle4fun Fri, Mar-14-03 08:02

I'm going to start it next week I think. For two reasons. I can sure make a point to work out once a week and have fun "exercise" the rest of the week if I so choose...but also for the meditative qualities to the exercises. It looks like it's going to take a lot of concentration and breathing right...a nice mix for me to help reduce stress AND increase my strength. I also like that it's something I could continue throughout a pregnancy (which we're trying for right now).

Quinadal Thu, May-01-03 08:30

I just ordered PPLP, the gram counter and Slow Burn. I hope it works, cause I've been kinda lost in the gym without a clear workout.