Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Rush Limbaugh blasts the media and "Peta" (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=166263)

osuzana Wed, Feb-11-04 15:52

Rush Limbaugh blasts the media and "Peta"

Today at work I heard Rush Limbaugh come down hard on the "Peta" movement people, and the mainstream media for plastering sensationalism lies about Dr. Atkins. He said he knows the diet works...he himself, did not go on this diet...but hinted that a family member did, and the plan was miraculous (sp) for this person.
He thought it was disgrace that they even were able to get his records, and that the media would even support trying to degrade a man who not only tried to help people, but was in fact a good man, who is now deceased.
I was really glad he was so forceful in his attack on "Peta" and the media... I know a lot of people listen to talk radio, and especially to his show !
Yay Rush!:yay:

toning_up Wed, Feb-11-04 16:02

I had heard yesterday that PETA was heavily involved in procurring these private records.

Kudos to Rush for standing up for Atkins.

Unfortunately now that he has, the liberal media will have a feeding frenzy and also unfortunately decide this has now become a liberal vegetarian/ rightwing Atkins debate in their tiny little challenged minds.

That notion of course is ludicrous. Atkins and the miracles he has worked has helped every socioecomomic and political group in society.

Hilary M Wed, Feb-11-04 16:04

Good for him, that crazy old Rush Limbaugh. And don't even get me started on what I think of PETA. Just the mention of that acronym makes my blood boil...

potatofree Wed, Feb-11-04 16:06

(Preparing right shoe with salt, pepper, and butter)

I always said if Rush made a sensible statement, I'd eat my shoe.

FrecklFluf Wed, Feb-11-04 16:08

I'm with ya, potatofree. I just have to pick which hat I don't want anymore.

pd Rydia Wed, Feb-11-04 16:08

I appreciate Rush's stance...in this. But I wonder if he'd be so quick to attack this injustice if it were a conservative group implicated instead of a liberal one...

csj Wed, Feb-11-04 16:11

I have numerous pets and I take excellent care of them and I spend lots of my free time observing birds and wildlife. I consider myself an animal lover but these PETA folks go too far. Right Wing Extremists get a lot of bad press but there is a Tyranical Left that would happily make all of our decisions for us, too. I sure hope LC doesn't become a pawn in either group's hands. I'm sure that LCers come from all political, economic, social, and religious backgrounds.

FrecklFluf Wed, Feb-11-04 16:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd Rydia
I appreciate Rush's stance...in this. But I wonder if he'd be so quick to attack this injustice if it were a conservative group implicated instead of a liberal one...
Hard to say, but Atkins was a Democrat. :)

pd Rydia Wed, Feb-11-04 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrecklFluf
Hard to say, but Atkins was a Democrat. :)

That's a good point, actually. Thanks.

freckles Wed, Feb-11-04 17:46

This is great! You just gave me fodder to tease my best friend with!! :lol: :lol: :lol: She's a liberal and I'm conservative and we're both doing Atkins....She supports PETA. This is going to be fun! :roll:

All fun aside, though, I'm glad to hear SOMEONE in the media is supporting Atkins and attacking the scallywags that started that eroneous report! We need LOTS more of that.

2Airedales Wed, Feb-11-04 17:56

I'm heavily involved with Dogs & Rescue. And Don't even get me started on PETA!!
How we real rescue folks despise them! Bunch of Wackos who rope celebrities into being spokes people.
Spend their money stupidly instead of abolishing puppymills.

pd Rydia Wed, Feb-11-04 18:02

Puppymills make me sad. :[

But...I wasn't aware that rescue folks had issues with PETA, too. o_o

petcrazed Wed, Feb-11-04 18:29

~airdales i too did dog rescue and the PETA stance of no animal should be kept as a pet really got to me.

What are we to do allow all these animals to roam free that no longer have the instincts to care for them selves?

PETA (people eating tasty animals!)

pd Rydia Wed, Feb-11-04 18:39

No...pets...?

I dunno about yours, but my animals seem pretty happy to be with me. If they had a choice between nature and my home, I'm pretty sure I know what they'd pick! >_>;;

osuzana Wed, Feb-11-04 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd Rydia

pd=rydia

Trust me...his rant had NOTHING to do with politics!!! absolutely nothing.:)