Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Bread & Baked Goods (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Woohoo, we can have biscuits again!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172917)

leasmom Mon, Mar-15-04 18:43

Woohoo, we can have biscuits again!!!!

I'm so happy...I took a recipe for low carb biscuits I found and revised it. What came about was a biscuit that I can now have eggs and biscuits or sausage biscuits or biscuits and cream gravy with in the mornings- :yay: :yay: :yay:

So, gotta share:

Low Carb Biscuits-(1 carb per biscuit)

1 cup Atkins Baking mix
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tablespoons veg. oil
2 eggs beaten
4 ounces heavy cream
3 tsp. Splenda
All purpose flour for dusting
Butter, to spread over the tops of the biscuits

In a large bowl, mix the Atkins Baking Mix with the baking powder. In another bowl combine the veg. oil, eggs, heavy cream and splenda together. Pour a little at a time the egg mixture, stirring to blend all of the ingredients. Gather the dough together and dust your flat surface with flour. Knead a few minutes. Flatten and using a biscuit cutter* cut the biscuits out and place on a lightly greased-(unless using a non-stick baking pan)-pan. Bake at 350 degrees 15 to 20 minutes until brown. Spread butter on top of the biscuits.

* An easy biscuit cutter is to take an empty can and punch holes at the top. Flour the inside to use.

imlosingit Tue, Mar-16-04 17:44

How do you make cream gravy? Thanks

leasmom Tue, Mar-16-04 18:38

Here is a recipe I found on the net...we're not allowed to post other sites on here so I hope the person who posted it on the other site doesn't see this and get upset...

Sausage Gravy for Biscuits

Sausage Gravy: -
1/2 roll sausage meat
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water -- -if needed
salt and pepper -- to taste

Crumble sausage into a saucepan and brown/cook all the way through. Add seasonings and cream. Bring to a boil to thicken. If it gets too thick –add some water as needed.

4 carbs per serving.

Hope this helps!!!

imlosingit Wed, Mar-17-04 22:34

Do you know what the serving size is?

leasmom Sun, Mar-21-04 19:55

Sorry it took so long to respond...I can't find the site I found that gravy off of...sorry. I've been looking for it. But, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out because the sausage is zero carbs and the heavy cream can be calculated.

Sorry wish I could find it! But, it's still low carb so that's the good news!!!

I'm gonna have biscuits and sugar-free lc syrup tomorrow for breakfast...WOOHOO!!!

NanaPat Tue, Apr-13-04 13:30

This is so absolutely wonderful. My poor husband will just do a jig. He loves biscuits.

I cannot believe I stumbled across this wonderful site....the Lord was a leading.....

leasmom Thu, Apr-15-04 11:53

Curious, did you try it, how did you like it?

charleez Wed, Apr-21-04 22:46

Do you know what the carb content of the biscuits turn out to be???? Per biscuit or so???

Charlie Girl

leasmom Thu, Apr-22-04 09:53

yes, 1 carb per biscuit.

sassylady Tue, Apr-27-04 17:08

sorry new to low carb... what is atkins baking mix... do you buy it?

sassylady

LMmama Tue, Apr-27-04 17:17

OHHH, Leasmom!! Thank you for posting this!! I was so hungry for this the other night! Wish I had the recipe then. I settled for a crustless sausage and mushroom quiche.

Vanity3 Tue, Apr-27-04 17:46

OH Happy Day!

OH HAPPY DAY! eggs, cheese and biscuits for breakfast. Life is good. It was always good while on this WOE, but longer i stick with it, it gets better and better.

BlitzedAng Wed, Apr-28-04 06:12

I am a true biscuit an gravy brat.. It's so funny I saw this thread cause I was just saying to my friend that it's the one thing I truly miss besides my banana :)
THANK YOU
Angel

nutcase Thu, May-13-04 09:37

Disaponted...

I made these last night to go w/ one of my "experiments" and they were awful....I checked and I made them as instructed. Could it be the mix? I waited to buy the "Quick Quisene" (sp) 'cause I had heard it was much better than the first version. This was the first thing I made w/ it. I hope it isn't, I don't need a canister of expensive stuff sitting in my cupboard....

leasmom Sun, May-16-04 18:38

It's not going to taste like regular biscuits, but it'll do. The Atkins baking Mix is the kind you're to use. The biscuits won't taste like regular biscuits but you can still eat these with eggs and sausages, gravy and syrup and won't feel deprived.