Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Day 8, cheated & feeling guilty ... help? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=101164)

jewel_inta Fri, Apr-25-03 22:30

Day 8, cheated & feeling guilty ... help?

Hi all :wave: ,

I started doing Atkins on April 17, 2003. Since then, I've lost about 6 lbs (last weigh in on April 25). I've stopped eating sugar, rice, pastas, breads, everything else made of flour and everything else on the no-no list. I eat about 2 bowls of salad everyday, meat, meat and more meat, eggs in the morning, drink decaf tea (black) and LOTS of water. I don't think my carb intake has even been close to 18 gms/day on average. I'm so proud that I've not cheated so far. It's hard cos I live in Singapore and rice is the staple food.

This morning, I was feeling hungry (didnt have time to fix my breakfast) so I went to the cafetaria at work and got myself a medium plate of fried yellow noodles/rice noodles and a fried egg (sunny side up). And now I'm feeling GUILTY!!!!!

My boyfriend said that I shouldn't worry too much and that plate of noodles won't make me fat overnight but I've been so pleased with my progress so far and I feel bad for doing this to myself!! :(

Am I just being paranoid? Do I need to cut down on my carbs for a few days? What do I have to do? I will be hitting the gym tomorrow and Monday and doing aerobics on Tuesday. Will exercise help?? What do you all do when you cheat?

I need all the help and support to make me feel better.

~Jewel~

Atkins since April 17, 2003
185/179/130
5'5", 29 yo

FionaC Sat, Apr-26-03 00:16

Hi Jewel

first - don't stress, yes you made a mistake but lets move on from there...

So tomorow you set out with a new positive attitude, stick to the 20g carbs per day and the induction food list and start again... personally I'd be inclined to start your 2 week induction period from tomorow but its up to you....

Don't worry, we all make mistakes, and you did a good job cause you stopped at one bowl of noodles, you could have given up all together! :eek:

:D Fiona :D

C-u-lean Sat, Apr-26-03 08:36

Hi Jewel,

Just like Fiona said, you did it, it's over, move on from here. You are doing great. 6 pounds is excellent! Next time you don't have time to make breakfast, go to the cafeteria, ask for the egg, no noodles, and substitue another egg. I have done things like that numerous times. Exersizing is always helpful.

Good Luck!

jewel_inta Sat, Apr-26-03 08:50

Hi Fiona and C-U-lean,

Thanks for the encouragement! I guess I just push myself too hard sometimes. I DO want to keep my weight down and be healthy so this is important to me. Aye, people often make mistakes, I should just learn from it and move on :).

I don't mind being in Induction for as long as I feel it's appropriate. My body is very adaptable though it gets sulky sometimes ;).

What do you guys feel about eating eggs every morning? I love eggs but I think my body is becoming to not like it too much (or at least my taste buds). Another thing, do you guys eat nuts during Induction?

~Jewel~

MsJinx Sat, Apr-26-03 18:57

I find that my first week of inductin went great because I followed it to the letter - getting exactly 20 grams of carbs from veggies, etc. No nuts are allowed on induction and I think it's because you can eat a ton of calories before you know it. After induction we're more used to gauging our REAL hunger and not just popping food in our mouths like we (I!) did with carbs. I believe that some of the rules are just to get us seriously trained in a psychological sense. That's my humble opinion, for what it's worth.
:) Jinx

MsJinx Sat, Apr-26-03 18:59

I like to make my own flax meal for brekkie with cream, vanilla, and a bit of splenda or stevia to sweeten. I've also made the low carb waffles from the bulletin board. Freeze them and then you'll never have to worry about not having time to fix brekkie - just pop them in the toaster.