Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   If you were allowed to cheat once a month (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=146559)

streakymom Mon, Nov-03-03 11:45

If you were allowed to cheat once a month

what food would you choose to have?

sunshine80 Mon, Nov-03-03 11:52

I don't know about anyone else but I have been craving chocolate on this diet so I would probably have chocolate. Wierd, I never used to crave it before.
Next would definitely be pizza.

Lori H Mon, Nov-03-03 11:53

Chinese food, definitely. Including the egg rolls.

TarHeel Mon, Nov-03-03 11:57

Fried seafood of some sort.....probably shrimp or clam strips. Or fried onion rings. In fact the only times I have really on purpose gone off LC was once by eating part of a bloomin' onion at Outback Steak House, and twice with fried clams. I am now allowing myself to have one "thing", e.g., not a whole meal, off plan once a month.

LCBarbara Mon, Nov-03-03 11:57

I really dislike the negative connotation of the word, 'cheat'. There are plenty of good food choices and I think it's important to all of us to realize we have choices. Since I started recognizing that I can freely choose to eat what I want, I don't feel deprived. It's when people lose track of having choices they begin to think negatively.

This WOE shouldn't be about giving up something(s), but working toward being as healthy as we can - lower weight and the other wonderful health improvements we get when we make a good choices!

LCBarbara Mon, Nov-03-03 12:00

Sunshine 80 -
You can have chocolate! Hersey's makes some lowcarb forms of their regular bars and Reese's Cups too! Russell Stover makes good SF candy too!

annodDB Mon, Nov-03-03 12:01

a bowl of whole oats
sweet potato
apple

Kristine Mon, Nov-03-03 12:03

Technically, we're "allowed" to "cheat" whenever we want. When I do it (rare occasion), it's always for something worthwhile, like high quality chocolates or a freshly baked croissant - never crappy grocery store chocolate bars or supermarket bread. If you're going to pay the price afterward in terms of the sugar "hangover" and weight gain, it better be really, really good!

cc48510 Mon, Nov-03-03 12:21

Here's what I'd have --

Breakfast:

1 Bowl of Cherrios w. Whole Milk
2 Diet Colas (made with Splenda)
2 Buttermilk Pancakes
4 Strips of Bacon

Lunch:

2 Slices of Roast Beef
2 Sides of Mashed Potatoes (w. Au Jus)
1 Side of Green Beans
1 Large Root/Birch Beer**
2 French Rolls

Dinner:

16 oz. Prime Rib
1 Baked Potato
1 Side of Bacon Cheese Fries*
2 Buttermilk Biscuits
2 Diet Colas (made with Splenda)
1 Root Beer Float

*French Fries covered with Monterrey Jack, Cheddar Cheese, and Bacon Bits.
**I'd take Diet if someone would finally make a Diet Root or Birch Beer that tastes any good and is the proper color. Dark Red is the color of the Birch Beers I used to get when I lived in Orlando.

Tiawyn Mon, Nov-03-03 14:25

Pizza! But it has to be REAL NY pizza.

And I'd have some french fries.

(Actually, I went on vacation last week and cheated (a bit) (I knew what I was doing, I went into it with an open mind - came back 5lbs heavier, but it's already gone!) the BEST thing I had all week (amongst some really wonderful things to eat) was some french fries. I guess Disney is partnered with McDonalds and they had McD's fries. They made me feel kind of bloaty and carby, but it was SOOO worth it!)

Lissette Mon, Nov-03-03 15:35

A thin crust pizza hut meat-lover's with bread sticks and tons of sauce! I do not think that I will be able to ever indulge, I am afraid that once I do I will go off the wagon and into carb-land for a LONG time! it is NOT worth losing control, but a girl can dream! :yum:

skibunnie Mon, Nov-03-03 16:27

PIE! there is nothing better then fresh home made pie :)

steffie123 Mon, Nov-03-03 16:28

Mine would have to be a big ice cream sunday at Stone Cold Creamery. With tons of chocolate fudge drenched on it.

atiaran Mon, Nov-03-03 16:29

A big huge bowl of the richest fettucine alfredo pasta!

retrochiq Mon, Nov-03-03 16:31

A large reese's peices with extra peanut butter sauce blizzard from Dairy Queen.......