Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Fallen off the Atkins wagon, need support!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=61116)

scotland3 Sat, Sep-14-02 19:12

Fallen off the Atkins wagon, need support!!

:cheer: :cheer:

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on this board but I have been watching off and on.
I have lost 8 lbs on Atkins and was feeling GREAT! Then I feel off the wagon and am having the worst time getting back on!! I haven't gained any weight back but I know it's just a matter of time.
The things I find myself eating are not cookies, ice cream, etc... but Italian bread, rice, mac cheese, etc... Comfort foods for me. I am tired, grumpy and not at all happy with myself.
Ok enuf whinning, I must begin again first thing in the am.
Any encouraging words or pointers for staying on the program would be appreciated.
Thanks for listening!
Kim

:cheer: :cheer:

TxCharity Sat, Sep-14-02 19:31

Hello welcome back !!
I am on day 52 of cheat free and 50.6 lbs lighter .... I would not have made it if I had not planned my meals a head of time then journaled every thing I ate ..... It is becoming a way of life for me now instead of a diet ....... I only weight every two weeks also I dont want to be obbessed with the scales ...... And I come online and report in to my circle of friend every day that accountability means alot also!!
Best wishes to you !! You can do it !!

Sandylee Sat, Sep-14-02 22:23

Hi Kim,
Lots of encouragement to you to get back on the wagon. I think you got some clues from how lousy the high carb foods made you feel. You have made some great progress on losing weight!
Sandy

darkangel Sat, Sep-14-02 23:05

well,we're on the same situation ryt now ..after i did a 7day diet...i binged for two days..im afraid to go up the scale coz i know despite exercisin like hell all day im still gonna gain the weight but ryt now im starting my day1 in induction phase..jsut learn to pick urself up like everyone else is..nobody's perfect..so learn to let live by our minor lapses..surely,im trying to ;)

wbahn Sat, Sep-14-02 23:08

I just got back on the wagon after being off for nearly three months. It wasn't easy - I tried several times and didn't last even a day. Last Saturday things clicked for me and I haven't looked back. I don't have any secret formula for you except to keep trying.

You might try this, however. Consider that the only way to cheat is to have physical access to foods that consitute cheating. So don't allow yourself access to them. To the contrary - go out and buy a good selection of allowed foods and binge on them if need be. Eat all the pepperoni and cheese and deviled eggs and turkey and celery with cream cheese you can stomach. Don't worry about the calories at all - eat all you want but just only eat from allowed foods.

Keep the Faith!

Jeremy Sun, Sep-15-02 09:13

Firstly I would like to greet everyone, as this is my first post. :)
Secondly I would like to congratulate you Kim on your accomplishment, loosing 8 pounds is something to be proud of. We all suffer setbacks, we all fall off that proverbial wagon from time to time. However our mistakes are only grievous if we do not learn from them, it's important that you do not allow this minor obstacle to demean the progress you have already made.
The best advice I can give you is to simply pick up the pieces and carry on with renewed vigor, and the additional wisdom garnered from the experience.

Best of wishes,
Jeremy.

agonycat Sun, Sep-15-02 09:32

Something that may help you get back in focus is to make a list of the "whys" you want to lose weight.

For some reason writing them down on paper means more in a mental state than anything I have found. It helps solidify the commitment to get the weight off and helps re focus your energy on staying on the diet instead of jumping back and forth :)

Welcome back and I wish you nothing but success!