Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I'm addicted to ketosticks!! HELP! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=103706)

AprilB Wed, May-07-03 07:44

I'm addicted to ketosticks!! HELP!

Hi all!
I know that I shouldn't be dependant on the ketosticks for all the reasons that I've read on this board. I'm entering my 3rd week of LC'ing and I've decided to continue on with the Induction phase. I was very successful (amazingly) the past 2 weeks and have lost 10 pounds. My clothes are pretty loose and I'm excited that I have to pull things up because they're so loose. Anyway, I bought ketosticks earlier this week with the intent to check once a week just to be sure that I am still in ketosis. But I've checked every day this week so far- sometimes even 2 times a day! I love seeing the purple color...I'm such a freak! Does anyone else suffer with this addiction? Please say I'm not alone!! :)

Thanks!
April

Paleoanth Wed, May-07-03 07:54

I actually did that until I had lost a good 20 pounds! I kept worrying that this would stop working for me or something. I think I checked every time I was in the bathroom. Eventually, I just got out of the habit-now I rarely check.

I get that weird metallic taste in my mouth and that is what I use as a guidline now.

menaz Wed, May-07-03 07:57

HA HA ME TOO

I am starting my third week today and like you have decided to stay on induction for at least two more weeks anyway... I bought some sticks 3 days ago with the same purpose. I wanted to check like every three days to a week and I have checked everyday. I had to put them in the other room so when I pee there not right there. LOL

So your not alone...
Sarah

LCBarbara Wed, May-07-03 08:24

There are worse things to be addicted to, that's for certain! :D

If seeing purple encourages you, helps keep you focused, and you don't mind spending the $$ on them. go ahead and pee on those sticks. Everyone has to use the tools on this diet the way that works for them.

2Airedales Wed, May-07-03 09:28

Deep Purple

Hey I love the Ketosticks too!

Yesterday I went to a BBQ & had a little bit of corn & I had some LC cheesecake at lunchj & dinner so I figured I blew it! But I used my ketostick last night and it was deep purple So I don't feel so bad. Doesn't mean I'll eat like that again but it was nice to see that even thought I thought I cheated I was still burning fat!

:p

Pascale

AprilB Wed, May-07-03 09:57

I'm not alone!!

I'm so glad there are others out there! I thought I was going to have to join some support group to wean myself off of peeing on sticks...can you imagine? 'Hi, my name is April' (Hi, April!) 'I'm a LC'er and I like to pee on sticks....'

Crimson Wed, May-07-03 10:43

step away from the stix!!

:lol: hey, I agree with Barbara... if they make you feel good, then don't worry about it. there are far worse things to be addicted to, carbs being #2 on my list (chocolate is #1). I guess I was lucky that the stix never took a liking to me. I bought the one pack, was disappointed each time I tested (but still losing) after the stix were gone, I never bothered buying them again.

g'luck, and may all your days be filled with purple...... :D

Blueeyes54 Mon, May-12-03 20:11

sticks

me to . I love them, seems like i am checking sometimes 3 or 4 times in the day. i like to see if something knocked me out of ketosis. :p