Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Lo Carb at the Fish House last night (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=85226)

Megan200 Fri, Feb-07-03 12:38

Lo Carb at the Fish House last night

Karen- if you happen to be reading, I didn't know where to post this, but just wanted to say a big thank you for a fantastic meal last night.

It was an amazing experience to be in a restaurant and not have to spend hours trying to figure out what I could eat (if anything). What a thrill to eat appitizers, the whole main course & dessert like a normal person. The food was incredible! My husband is finally going to convert to LC'ing as a result.

I'm sorry we weren't able to stay and meet you in person - we had a babysitter who had to get home early.

colinjn Fri, Feb-07-03 17:47

Sorry to have missed you.

Hi Megan,
Sorry to have missed meeting you last night. There were several of us from the forum there. I have a hunch you were the couple at the table just ahead of us along the wall. Was that you? We had three at our table ( Ruth,Mary and Me) and then three more behind us. Don't be shy in introducing yourself to Karen so that she can pass the introductions around (yes she bites, but there are shots for that).

Colin

PS I posted my impressions of the dinner in the" Feb 6 Dinner..." thread.

Karen Fri, Feb-07-03 17:57

Thanks Megan! You should have marched right over and introduced yourself. I try to get to all of the tables and some people do like to chat.

I loved some of the comments.

Non LC'er: There was fat on that lamb!

Karen: Yes...? :lol:

Was your husband the tall, handsome man with a moustache and glasses? ;)

Karen

colinjn Fri, Feb-07-03 19:49

A Great Host

I noticed Karen's response come up and had to add another two cents (I'm killing time , trying not to attend to any of the chores that are constantly stalking me, peering out from darkened corners).

Karen has proven to be a gracious host and a person who inspires and encourages in a way that is inclusive and singularly personal. One feels the friendship that is given is exclusive, and yet commonly shared. Perhaps this comes from the "in the trenches" mentality we sometimes share, but I think is more an example of Karen's nature.

I do hope that you will take her up on her invitation to introduce yourself to her and vicariously to the local community.

Well. Where did that one come from?

Colin

Megan200 Fri, Feb-07-03 20:22

Well now that I know there are shots. . . .

I am sorry that we couldn't stay longer and get to meet everyone. I look forward to possible future events.

Tall dark & handsome - nope, not my husband unfortunately - but I'm pretty happy with the one I've got.

We were sitting in the center - he has sandy/grey hair & I have brown hair that was pulled back last night.

Thank you again for a warm welcome & such a great forum.

putali Fri, Feb-07-03 21:56

Karen... how often do you have low-carb night at the Fish House? My husband and I are heading to Vancouver for the week following Easter and I'd love to check out your creations.

Karen Sat, Feb-08-03 00:15

Quote:
We were sitting in the center - he has sandy/grey hair & I have brown hair that was pulled back last night.

Yes! That was him! And you!

Did you know that we have a low carb dessert on the menu all the time? Right now it's Chocolate Silk Pie. :yum:

If you ever walk around the park in the afternoon, it's a great place to have coffee and pie.

Karen

Karen Sat, Feb-08-03 00:17

Quote:
Karen... how often do you have low-carb night at the Fish House?

Next one will be in April - not sure of the date yet - and I have a feeling the theme will be Chinese. Soon as I set a date and menu, I post them in the Canada Forum. If you PM me with your email address and name, I can put you on the low-carb email list.

Karen

Puggy Sat, Feb-08-03 18:36

April?

Karen, that rocks!!!!

I will be visiting an old college chum in Vancouver in April (I live in Maine) and we will definatly hit the Fish House.

Where will you post the date for the LC feast?

Karen Sat, Feb-08-03 18:48

Soon as I set a date and menu, I post them in the Canada Forum. If you PM me with your email address and name, I can put you on the low-carb email list.

Karen

Louloo Sun, Feb-09-03 12:51

Karen, was that you I saw last night with Carlo on Canadian Food??

Karen Thu, Feb-20-03 18:20

Quote:
Karen, was that you I saw last night with Carlo on Canadian Food??

Sorry I missed this. Yes, it was, but it was taped 2 years ago and they keep on repeating it.

Would you believe that I've never seen it myself?

Karen