Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Introduction (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=39509)

kalondra Thu, Apr-04-02 22:02

Introduction

Hello everyone. I started induction 3 weeks ago. This is the first diet I have been on before and I must say that I am quite pleased so far. After finding this website, I made my mind up that I would continue with the Atkins diet because I had no idea that there was all this support available. I am very excited. :p I really like all the advice given and I look forward to my new journey.

tamarian Thu, Apr-04-02 22:21

Welcome aboard Kalondra,

You will definitly enjoy this new way of life, as there's more to come :)

Wa'il

Ruth Thu, Apr-04-02 22:45

Welcome!

Kalondra,

I see you've already been welcomed by the Numero Uno of the site :D. Let me add my 2 cents worth.

Welcome to the forum! You'll find great info & interesting discussion threads in the Newbies Forum, Hot Links thread that Karen has established. Lots of good stuff there! Enjoy your browsing.

Journals are a good place to chronicle your LC journey & gives us a place to come 'visit' you. Why don't you start one?

Looking forward to seeing your posts.

wbahn Fri, Apr-05-02 04:05

Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

You have definitely stumbled onto a fabulous resource, but for good information and for lots and lots of support. You'll really enjoy the community.

Cheers!

cecej316 Fri, Apr-05-02 06:53

inches and weight loss

Good Morning all,
I have not posted to much , but have been reading your messages and enjoying them.
I weighed in the other day , and lost 10 more pounds. But what really was wonderful I lost 10 1/2 inches, and 7 pounds of body fat.Wow I could not believe that. I try and workout 6 days a week for 30 minutes. Right now it is hard to do , because I have a brace on my leg ( ruptured ACL). But I am doing it, I have had a weight problem since I had my children, who are now 11,and 9. So guess what it is time to get this weight off for good. YEA
What is great is my husband is doing this with me, and that really helps, the kids have cut back on sugar also, and my little girl looks at the carb content on everything.
Well enough from me,
I will be checking in from time to time.

cecej316 :wave:

alto Fri, Apr-05-02 23:27

Kalondra, this WOE works very well, but it can be magic for first-timers. Good for you to choose low carb for your first diet.

Good luck on your journey, and please post often so that we can keep up with you :) Don't be shy about posting questions -- there are a lot of people around to answer them.

(Hi cece! Great that you're off to a good start, too!)

kalondra Sun, Apr-07-02 13:29

thanks all

I just want to thank everyone for the replys and the great welcome I have received so far. I do plan to start a journal and post more often.
kalondra