Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Flavored Diet Rite? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=112703)

Peabug Mon, Jun-09-03 22:03

Flavored Diet Rite?

I was browsing through our grocery store's online store today and saw that they now carry Red Raspberry and White Grape Diet Rite. I didn't even know these existed and DH and I would love to try them. Are they ok for induction? The website doesn't list any nutritional info. We each have one regular Diet Rite a day, currently.

Annie-Pie Mon, Jun-09-03 22:09

Peabug, I don't know why they wouldn't be ok for induction. Yes they are sweetened with Splenda and I think that's why they are so doggoned expensive! ($3.99 for a 12-pack). We just finished a case of it and it was good. Great with a little seltzer water added to it. Just watch that you don't fill your induction with too many "artificial" foods when whole foods should be the objective. Best wishes! BTW I got mine at Safeway and Fred Meyer. ~Annie~ :D

Peabug Tue, Jun-10-03 11:46

Thanks, Annie! DH and I usually just have one a day anyway. Anymore than that and the carbonation makes me feel uncomfortably full. A different flavor sounds like a great treat right about now!

rishamoon Tue, Jun-10-03 11:59

White Grape Diet Rite...

yummm that is my fav, but I've never seen the red raspberry... that sounds good too. I will have to do some searching locally. :D

kc766 Tue, Jun-10-03 13:31

White grape is my favorite, too. I also like the tangerine and the red raspberry. There is also a strawberry-kiwi, but I haven't tried that one yet.

On occasion I pour some cream into a glass of either tangerine or red raspberry. With a little imagination, it tastes like a creamsicle!! :yum:

anais57 Tue, Jun-10-03 15:54

with everyone talking about ketosis breath... the white grape is like a breath mint.

i loved the stuf way before atkins! :D

Brandywine Wed, Jun-11-03 17:01

where do you find the diet rite drinks? I found the diet cola but no other flavors.. Help if anyone knows.. we have a P&C... Wegmans, Topps.. and Super Walmart.. I couldnt find it in either of these stores... They sound so yummy! TY in advance

Peabug Wed, Jun-11-03 17:06

I found mine at Albertsons.

swoozle Wed, Jun-11-03 17:10

You have to try some whip cream in the rasberry Diet Rite!!! It is SOOOOO good and tastes like an Italian soda!

anais57 Wed, Jun-11-03 17:12

we don't have any of those stores... but i buy mine at cub foods. since more and more people are lcing you might ask your favorite store to carry it. i have found that they really do their best to cater to customer wants.

Peabug Wed, Jun-11-03 17:12

I'm definitely going to try that! Sounds amazing! :thup:

Brandywine Wed, Jun-11-03 17:22

I will have to get ahold of the Managers at the stores.. I should have thought of that myself lol.. Thanks..

Kristabel Wed, Jun-11-03 17:36

Our Super-Walmart carries the flavored Diet-Rite, but I suppose that varies from store to store. The red raspberry is great; I'm going to have to try some with a shot of cream. Sounds yummy!!

About a month ago our Kroger had 12 packs of Diet Rite 5/$10!! It's not one of the higher-priced sodas down here.

Kristine in Central Illinois

Peabug Wed, Jun-11-03 19:10

You'd think the stuff was made of gold for what it sells for here! Normal price is anywhere from $4.99 to $5.99 for a 12 pack. We grab up as much as we can when they go on sale for $2!

sunshine33 Wed, Jun-11-03 19:36

I HAVE FOUND DIET RITE COLA AND RED RASPBERRY AT WEGMAN IN TWO LITER BOTTLES. MY NEIGHBOR FOUND WHITE GRAPE AT TOPPS ALSO IN TWO LITER BOTTLES. I LIKE THEM ALL ESPECIALLY WHEN I WANT SOMETHING SWEET. GOOD LUCK . :wave: