Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I had a great weekend.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=174167)

slimryan Mon, Mar-22-04 01:23

I had a great weekend....

(I Know This is Long, sorry!)
Well, I can honestly say that this WOE is probably the best thing that has happened to me. I've lost about 40-some pounds, but even though my clothes all became way too baggy, I just have not noticed that much of a change. From what happened this weekend, I finally noticed a difference. I went out to a bar down here at college fri. and I wore some smaller clothes i bought because all my other clothes really dont fit anymore. Many of the people I saw i have seen on a daily basis since I started Atkins. I also tucked in my shirt for the first time in forever. Every single person I saw, everyone, could not believe how different I looked. I could not believe it. I also received very positive attention from some ladies (now I can probably get a G/F! ha ha). The point of all of this is do all of you have a moment kind of like this? Is it not a the best feeling ever?

Ps. I work at applebee's as a cook and I kind of cheated this weekend (I had a couple boneless chicken wings, some onion peels, a couple fries, etc.) It sounds like a lot but i only had probably a bite of each, I had to work with a hangover so I needed some grease! Sorry!

HeMe2Kids Mon, Mar-22-04 01:54

Hello SlimRyan
:dazzle: :dazzle: Hurrah for you. :dazzle:

:yay: That is a fantastic post. :yay:

Yes, it is great when people first start to notice!
Such a feeling of confidence and feel good all rolled into one!

I have no doubt you will soon have a girlfriend as your sexy strong body emerges. Just remember to select wisely for a really nice one that could always see past the weight issue to the really cool guy you are!

Do the same when you are looking for one. Look at the inside and then work on the outside. Because you have gone through it yourself you know what it means.

I am so happy for you and know that if you keep this up, you can achieve the healthy body you want.
Good Luck!

Strudel182 Mon, Mar-22-04 03:07

Yes, I know how you feel. No one was noticing anything different about me, even though I don't see my colleagues regularly, so I figured someone should have seen something different! Then, someone noticed while I was at a conference, and it was such a rush! I think it feels better because we can't really see a difference since the weighloss seems fairly painless, but intellectually, we know there must be a difference (our clothes are baggy, the scales read lighter) and it is reassuring to know that we look better now to others.

Way to go.

libra81 Mon, Mar-22-04 04:43

congrats!! Its always good to hear people comment on your weightloss. I think b/c you never really see it inyourself no matter how much you lose so its very encouraging when people tell you otherwise, keep up the good work

teresamay Mon, Mar-22-04 05:44

Good for you! It feels great when people notice the changes doesn't it?...as for the girlfriend finding - make sure you find one that wants you - not just the image she sees!

SusanKH Mon, Mar-22-04 08:29

Don't you just love it? The moment validates all of your hard work. I"m so happy for you!