Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Jennies Exercise Journal (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=46153)

Jennie64 Fri, May-31-02 07:19

Jennies Exercise Journal

Alright, time to get more serious with the exercise. I keep starting and stopping.
I'm going to try to keep doing the Walk Away the Pounds videos, I like those, so hopefully it'll stick.
Did the one mile walk on Wen., thought it was too easy but I got pretty sore by evening. We also did a fast walk on our lunch break at work, just short of a mile.
Thursday I did the one mile walk again. A bit sore, but it went pretty good.

AngelaR Fri, May-31-02 11:19

Hi Jennie. It's great to see another new person start a gym log. I'm fairly new myself, and also alternate walking with weight training.

Walking is great exercise, especailly if you can do it out of doors instead of on a treadmill. It keeps things interesting.

Good luck on settling into a regular routine of exercise!

SlimShAdY Fri, May-31-02 15:42

Hey I just started my gym log also.. So I just wanted to wish ya luck! :roll:

Jennie64 Fri, May-31-02 20:15

Hi

Today I did my walking video again...it also uses hand weights, and my shoulders are kinda sore today. The video goes for 18 minutes or so, hopefully that's enough to start with.
Also walked on my lunch break, one mile pretty fast.
Tomorrow maybe I'll try the 2 mile video....
Good luck to you guys too,
Jennie

Jennie64 Tue, Jun-04-02 22:44

Hi

Just kept my walking at work through the weekend. We usually do a pretty fast mile before we eat lunch.
I did the WAP 2 mile video today, alot harder for me then the 1 mile. Felt pretty good though.
Well, I've done some exercise every day now for a week or so, maybe I'll keep it up this time.
You know what's wierd though? I can't make myself do it in front of my boyfriend, not sure why, guess I just don't want to look silly. So the weekends are harder to get it in for me, good thing we walk at work.
See ya,
Jennie
:wave:

Jennie64 Wed, Jun-05-02 20:23

Well

I've done the 2 mile WAP tape 2 days in a row, and I'm still alive....kinda.
Jennie

Jennie64 Thu, Jun-06-02 08:10

Tired

I also ended up doing a 30 minute Denise Austen video last night with my daughter, she wanted to see it and try. It's harder for me then the walking tapes.
But.....I made it through the whole thing for the first time, so something's working! Tired legs this morning though.
Jennie
:D

Jennie64 Thu, Jun-06-02 21:05

6/6

Today we walked 1 mile at work, fast pace. At home I did the 2 mile WAP video. I'm tired...sore legs, but not too bad.
Jennie

Jennie64 Fri, Jun-07-02 23:01

Hi

Did the 2 mile WAP video, and walked half a mile on lunch break....it started raining. Oh well, not too bad.
Not as sore today, either.
Jennie

Jennie64 Sat, Jun-08-02 21:15

Finally!!!

Day Off!!!

Jennie64 Sun, Jun-09-02 23:23

Hi

Walked two miles.

Jennie64 Mon, Jun-10-02 17:24

Hi

Did my 2 mile Walk Away the Pound video.
I think I'll try the 3 mile tomorrow, getting pretty used to the 2 mile one.
Jennie
:cool:

Jennie64 Thu, Jun-13-02 07:25

Hi

6/11
Did my 2 mile WAP video, and walked 1 mile on my lunch break.

Jennie64 Thu, Jun-13-02 07:29

6/12

I finally tried the 3 mile WAP video. It sure seems alot longer then the 2 mile, even though I know it's only about 15 minutes more. I liked it though, my son did it with me. I passed on the hand weights, I like to do them a few times first before I add that. My son's doing them too now, he likes the muscle in my arms. He's 12 years old, don't know if he'll do it more then a few times, but it's nice to have someone else sweating with you!!!!
Jennie

Jennie64 Fri, Jun-14-02 07:36

Thursday

No exercise thursday. It was way too hot, and had to go to my sons baseball game last night. Lazy day.
Jennie