Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Week 2 and I desperately need encouragement (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=123528)

BluiizCA Thu, Jul-17-03 10:11

Week 2 and I desperately need encouragement

:cry:

The scale moved so well in week 1. It hasn't moved once this week and I've been seriously sticking to induction foods. I am having trouble with the 70% fat however. Can someone take a look at my fitday journal and tell me what I can do?

Thanks so much inadvance!

Catbert Thu, Jul-17-03 10:19

Hi Bluiiz - I had a crap week also! I really stuck to it and I am also in my second week. The scale moved and I lost four lbs then TOM came and scale went right back up. Last night I said the hell with it and sat on my deck and drank low carb beer. Alot of it! But I stayed within the 20 carb rule - becuase I had not eaten much during the day heheee Now this morning - bam down to 196! So it pays to hang in there. My first goal is 189 and I hope to meet it in the next week - So hang in there with me and lets do thing! I'm also working out at Curves 3x per week and that seems to make a diff. Chin up - Chest out! (hehee) Onward we go to be big LOOSERS! Take Care - Cats

Kristine Thu, Jul-17-03 10:30

Hi Bluiiz,

Relax! You're doing nothing wrong! Your food choices look fine. The only comment I have is watch the cheese: you're limited to 3 or 4 oz per day during induction, and I'm not sure how much you're putting in that omellette. But you're probably fine.

I know it's tough to be patient, but you can't measure your success in a number of days. Just keep up the good work :thup: and enjoy it. (I *hope* you're enjoying it! ;) I was in heaven eating my first egg yolks in years! :lol: )

BluiizCA Thu, Jul-17-03 10:47

I am basically eating scrambled eggs with a tad bit of cheese. There isn't even an ounce in them. I work at a hospital and get my breakfast at our cafeteria. There are a ton of workers here on Atkins so the cafeteria workers know the content of the food. I've been trying to keep the cheese content down, but I need more fat. I'm only averaging 57% fat/39% protein/4% carbs since I started. Should I increase my fat intake?

lissame Thu, Jul-17-03 16:58

Are you getting in your vegetables? All 3 cups total? I don't think I saw them on your fitday log.

I had trouble getting my fat - love tuna and chicken - but found making sure to add mayo or dressing daily really helped.

Good luck to you!

Catbert Fri, Jul-18-03 07:57

Hey bluiiz - I work in a Medical center as well and am lucky enough to be able to have all the nut. info posted as well. That has been a major help to me - Cats

BluiizCA Mon, Jul-21-03 09:16

Yay! The scale finally moved. I'm down 2 more lbs. making my induction total 10.5 lbs. I was worried because Saturday I only consumed 998 calories. It's been extremely hot here in Northern Cali (104 with humidity) and it's really hard to cook and eat in this weather.

In addition to the additonal weight loss, I pulled out an old pair of shorts yesterday that are 2 sizes smaller and they fit! I have a funny feeling my weight loss hasn't caught up to the inches lost. Unfortunately, I can't find my measuring tape and have been unable to get good measurements.

jgoddess Mon, Jul-21-03 15:09

Congratulations on your loss! I've been on Atkins for 5 weeks and I'm just now at 11 pounds! You're doing fine! Keep up the good work!

BluiizCA Mon, Jul-21-03 15:58

Thank you jgoddess!! Are you suffering the unbearable triple digit heat with humidity as well?