Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   YAN - Yet Another Newbie (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=92478)

Irissong Fri, Mar-14-03 18:20

YAN - Yet Another Newbie

Hello Everyone -

My name is Judith Anne - I am 27 years old and have been eating LC since January 27ths - when I started LCing I was 281 -

Back in August of last year I stepped on a scale and saw it point to 296 - just inches away from 300lbs. And that scared me enough into wanting to lose weight. I tried the eating in moderation and excersizing and eating low fat- it took me over 6 months to lose 15lbs. and I was understandably frustrated and struggling. - During that same six months I listened to an online friend lose almost 50lbs. SO I thought I would give it a try.

I started on January 27th - and since then I have dropped 20 more lbs! Amazing me! I have also gone from a size 28 jeans and I can comfortable fit into 23/24s... And I can squeeze - not comfortably though - into my 18/20 clothes that I couldn't get rid of!

I walk for at least an hour every day - not only that but I also lift weights with my husband 3-4 times a week.

This is my views on me and my weight back when I was 296lbs

I am working on loosing weight - so here is some thoughts on the subject for me

Why am I overweight.

Like everyone it is a combination of things.

1. Wether this is genetics or envirement, most of my family is overweight and so either genetically I am predispositioned towards being heavy, or I was raised in an enviroment that didn't teach me what I needed to know to be a healthy weight,... or both

2. I don't excersize... hardly at all, I have tried I just can't seem to stick with it. I can do it as long as I have someone to work out with and that seems to last a week before my husband/friend whatever, putzes out on me and then I go maybe one more time and give up.

3. My eating habits, I eat what I feel like eating and some weeks that is a bowl of fresh vegies and that is it, other times it is all kinds of things so I keep fluctiating between feast and famine... and that is hard on my body.

4. Hormonally, I am on the Norplant for another year and since I have had it I have gained a pound or two a month for the past two years... I almost can't wait till it is done and hubby and I are going to let nature take it's course when trying to have a baby

SO I have a lot of problems that I need to work on.

I am severly overweight, I am 5'4 and have always been heavy for my size, And I have really been adding more and more weight since I got on birth control. I am now at about 290 lbs and I am not happy with it at all. But I can't seem to motivate myself to get onto a healthier lifestyle.

I also just moved and while I got a yoga for weight loss tape, It is in a box somewhere and I still have to find it and Both my husband and I plan to start doing that as soon as we find it again.

I would like to get down to a size 16-18, being that I am currently a size 28 (on average) I want to be healthy and happy with myself and If I got down to 200 I know that would be the case...

I am well on my way :) And I am feeling pretty good about this :)

Hbmich Fri, Mar-14-03 18:39

Good luck

Hi,
Glad to see you are doing well...Just wanted to be the first to wish you luck. May I suggest you start a journal, all you have to do is go to the journal section and go to the I's look at a few and start one by hitting new thread. The first entry will be the title of your journal so make it good. Alright take care I think you will love this site its great.
:wave: H.B.

Irissong Fri, Mar-14-03 18:41

I have started one I just haven't linked it to my profile yet