Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Cheat Free Counter Back To Zero!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=141215)

fishburg Mon, Oct-06-03 05:23

Cheat Free Counter Back To Zero!!!

Bad news for me!! In over 90 cheatfree days I blew it!!! Last night my hubby brought home Baba-kanush (spelling?)(eggplant dip), with pita bread. The dip alone would not have been bad but the pita bread was calling for me!!! Yes I eat the bread!!! First bread in over 90 days!!! I have now lost my cheat free count - I am back to zero!!!!

I am reintroducing today (by the book). I also ate a low carb cheese cake on Saturday (from a low carb store) that claimed to be only 1 carb and that took me out of the pink on the stick!!! And then to eat that bread last night!!!

Oh well it could have been worse - it could have been a week long cheat!!

Good luck all!!!

Wenzday Mon, Oct-06-03 05:42

:) no need to feel bad! Wasnt it yummy? was it worth it? We all take detours here and there! I had some pumpkin bread yesterday and am not in ketosis right now of course but it was SO WORTH IT! :) now I'll behave excellently hopefully through until thanksgiving day where I will be having pumkin pie... lol

I have decided its okay to do that now and then as long as you can get right back to where you were without binging on more...

LadyBelle Mon, Oct-06-03 07:19

Actually the dip isn't that high carb. It's made from eggplant, tahini, and peppers. I belive for a 2 tbsp serving it has under 5g carb (If you got it from a resteraunt I'm betting portion size was a bigger issue then the carb amount). I have some in my fridge I use for snacks. Just go to the store and buy wasa crackers, or if you don't mind paying more, some cheeters Lc crackers.

The cheeters crackers are a tad tough for my taste, and they have alot of cals and fat for some reason. The wasa crackers are the size of a gram cracker and have 8 net carbs with quite a bit of fiber. You can also use LC bread, or tortillas to dip it in.

KristiTalm Mon, Oct-06-03 14:35

One cheat day (and a small cheat at that) in 90 days is quite and accomplishment!!! I'm sure you will have another 90 in no time.

Ladybelle mentioned the LC crackers and bread. I eat plan old Melba toast. They also have whole wheat pita that is a little lower on the glycemic index than the white pita, but still pretty march a carb no no unless you keep the serving size extremely small.

Keep up the good work! :)

Kristi

verniebird Mon, Oct-06-03 15:31

I think to go 90 days without a cheat is a terrific accomplishment. And we are all human. I had a few cheat days in the weeks following my surgery and you know what? When I came back on LC, I lost a bunch of weight in the first week. So hopefully this will happen for you also. I hope you enjoyed your little treat! As long as you dont go overboard, you will be fine

Isiar Mon, Oct-06-03 17:00

90 days cheat free is amazing! YouŽll be fine. With your kind of commitment success is for sure!

potatofree Mon, Oct-06-03 18:48

Just don't beat yourself up for it. One SMALL misstep won't make you fall unless you let it.

I don't like the term "cheating" anyway. It's too judgemental-sounding, IMO, and pretty hard to define.... For instance, I've decided to try the Carb Addicts Diet for a couple of weeks. It allows me things I can't have on Atkins...but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong!!!!

rishamoon Mon, Oct-06-03 23:10

I'm having an emotionally difficult time... not going into details, it is very personal, but I can hear the cookies in the next room calling me. My last cheat was on the 22nd of September (sliver of bday cake, mine and my daughters), 2 weeks ago. Hearing that you made it 90 days inspires me... I think I will see if I can find that cheat free day counter and add it to my signature.... Oh, and I'm ignoring the cookies now. :)

fishburg Tue, Oct-07-03 14:35

Thanks All for your kind words!!!

I am not beating myself up - just a bit disappointed - had to set my cheat symbol back to zero!!!

I was a bit proud of being good for so long!!

Thursday I am leaving to Salem, Ma. with my Girl Scout Troop. I am hoping I can stay low carb for the long weekend (4 days). I may have to reset it on Monday to zero.

Risha - If you want a cheat sheild just right click on it, go to the properties and copy the address ( and then add it to your signature (I hope I did not forget anything)(you must start with one and change it daily).