Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Good news here .. end of week 5 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=135416)

ImHere Sat, Sep-06-03 09:17

Good news here .. end of week 5

Good news here ... end of week 5
I upped my calories and carbs (inspite of the fear) and watched very closely expecting weight gain ... instead my weight has dropped since then.

On the 3rd I had climbed back up to 156.5 and was expecting the pattern I'd developed of seeing the scale climb up to a 3lb gain during the week and then struggling to "diet" that gain away by Sunday morning's official weigh in.

Its been like this ... lowest weight on Monday sometimes Tuesday and then a climb of up to 3 pounds by the end of the week.

This week with my calories increased and my carbs up by 5g I showed lowest weight on Mon. and Tues. again then 1.5lb jump on Wed. but its gone down steadily since.

Whew. This morning the scale read 154. I'm really pleased with how things are going ... and not that I don't want to lose more weight and possibly reach my goal weight but honestly, I feel good and even if I didn't lose another pound I'd be happy with the LC because I really realize how toxic all that sugar, white flour, preservatives, nitrates ... etc has been to me.

I'm going to crank my workouts up a little in intensity and see if I can get some of the "looks" results that I want.

Thanks to everyone who really helped with suggestions and "hand holding". It really helps to have the support. You guys have been great.
Lori

Natrushka Sat, Sep-06-03 09:31

Great news, Lori :)

I also noticed a trend like that when I was losing - it was never straight down. I'd get a new low then go up a few lbs and then maintain it only to hit another new low the next week. Then the process would repeat itself. All part of the great experiment of getting to know how the old body responds!

-N

ImHere Sat, Sep-06-03 10:02

Nat,
Thanks. Your numerous postings have been a big help.

Its a little difficult for me because my SO's family is a big name in the health foods industry. Their name is carried in Great Earth, GNC, and many local grocery stores. They are known as pioneers in the industry so I'm bucking some of the long established principles. Its the low-fat/low-cal no red meat ever (I loooooooove red meat) rule. This WOE is the first time I don't feel deprived by only eating fish and some poultry. I hate fish and have gotten sick of chicken. I haven't bought chicken in over 2 weeks! :)

To top it off, my SO is LCing with me. WOW. Of course the family elder (an M.D.) doesn't know yet. sssssssh .:lol:

Budurowe Sat, Sep-06-03 10:35

Agree..... Nothing is set on this diet. EVERYONE has different results and re-actions. Isn't that kinda great tho?! LOL... It keeps us on our toes!

Natrushka Sat, Sep-06-03 10:55

*lol* Lori, I hear you on the chicken front. At one time this spring I was eating chicken for 5 of my 6 meals. It took 4 weeks of LCing w/ prime rib and sirloin until I was able to look at another bbqed chicken breast!

Perhaps by seeing the resutls you've obtained with your new WOL your SO's family can be ground breaking again, in a different area ;) Nothing works like leading by example!

N