Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Natrushka is my hero...... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=40836)

Atrsy Tue, Apr-16-02 19:20

Natrushka is my hero......

and I want to thank her publicly.

She has been so patient with me even when I doubted her suggestions. She has been working with me for weeks to get my calories up because I wasn't losing weight (even gained 6 lbs). I have been frustrated, but she insisted that increasing the calories and fats would work. I can't imagine why she was still willing to help someone who was struggling like me. She is a wonderful person.

I haven't weighed myself all week. I found it too depressing. :(
But tonight at my official weigh in, I lost 3.25 lbs. :D

Thanks, Nat! I owe it all to you!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

jmey100 Tue, Apr-16-02 22:07

Very Nice

It is the little things that often make friends...But the BIG things make forever friends, she has also helped me and is always willing to help as so many in this forum are, You all deserve a hand :agree:

disneybebe Wed, Apr-17-02 03:25

Hi Atrsy- Congratulations :cheer: WTG :cheer:

I'd also like to thank Nat for giving me tons of help & guidance. :D Doreen & Bill has also been really great to me, too. Actually, everyone has been really sweet & nice to me. Thank u ;)

Bebe :wave:

plum Wed, Apr-17-02 05:48

All seconded

I have a major grateful attack every time I log on :) all the admins put so much effort in.
And Artsy I have a smile on my face all day with your news.

Rey Wed, Apr-17-02 06:14

She is my hero too. :-)

Thanks to her (and Karen and a few others) I managed to up the calories to 10 times my bodyweight and also up the carbs to 20g and I got rid of 0.22 pounds after a 2 month stall. You may think that is not a lot, but it is FAT GONE and I have only tried their suggestions the last few days !! :-)

I can't stop smiling. :-)
Rey

Natrushka Wed, Apr-17-02 06:40

Carol, thank you for the compliment. To be honest I was kinda hoping this thread would just 'die out' :rolleyes:

Accepting praise for doing what everyone else on this board is doing seems wrong. I do understand where you are coming from and how you feel - I felt the same way when I started out and found this place, and I have my heros too. I think what makes this board work so well is the sense of community that it fosters - people really do try to help, and they really do care. I know if I have a question or need some information that I'll be able to find it here.

Getting good advice is only part of the equation, though. You have to be willing to trust and act on it - which you did. You did the hard work, and you are responsible for your success.

Nat

lesleyc Wed, Apr-17-02 14:55

...and hear hear!!

Nat, you are quite a remarkable person. I read your journal all the time, even though I make only the ocassional visit.

it never ceases to amaze me how patient you are with all your visitors and how much help you give people on the technical aspects of this WOE and exercise....h ell you even research stuff ;)

Many others would be far less patient and tolerant (me included!)and get quite sick of providing the smae info many times over to so many different people.

...take a bow ;)

Lesley

Atrsy Wed, Apr-17-02 15:54

You really do deserve all the compliments, Nat. I thank those who were happy to see my loss, but if it weren't for you. I'd be back eating ice cream and candy bars! :p

I know there were times I doubted that this would work. After all, how could I ever expect to lose anything on 2100 calories when I wasn't losing on 1100. But even when it was painful for me to believe you and the others on this board, I did and you were right!

I'm still not going to weigh in except for Tuesday nights. I must trust this new way of thinking. If I gain, I know it will come back off eventually.

I didn't mean to slight any of the other great people on this board, but you are the one who was willing to persist with me.

Carol

tamarian Wed, Apr-17-02 16:26

Take a bow Nat, you really deserve all the praise :)

I think it's particularly (in addition to all the help you give) the energy you pursue this and decipline with the plan and exercise, and us seeing it work for you. You're an excellent role model, and an inspiring success story.

Wa'il

Natrushka Wed, Apr-17-02 17:41

You all are worse than my mother :p I don't now what is more embarassing - not posting a reply here or posting one.

Thanks everyone.

Nat

(figured it out - not posting.... I tried !)

doreen T Wed, Apr-17-02 18:12

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian
Take a bow Nat, you really deserve all the praise :)

I think it's particularly (in addition to all the help you give) the energy you pursue this and decipline with the plan and exercise, and us seeing it work for you. You're an excellent role model, and an inspiring success story.

Wa'il
I heartily second that motion :thup: :thup:

:angel:

Do

tamarian Wed, Apr-17-02 18:49

Quote:
Originally posted by Natrushka
You all are worse than my mother :p

Maybe it's time we ask for your cute baby pictures! :p

Wa'il

Natrushka Wed, Apr-17-02 18:56

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian
Maybe it's time we ask for your cute baby pictures! :p

Hee hee, I think that's the second time that has come up on this forum in the past week! Maybe I should switch my avatar?

N

Natrushka Wed, Apr-17-02 19:01

Quote:
Originally posted by doreen T
I heartily second that motion :thup: :thup:

Do, since you posted in here, I get to put you on the spot say that you are one of my heros. You are helpful, kind, compassionate and oh so informed. When I don't know the answer to something or when I need help you're the first I run to.

Nat

lesleyc Wed, Apr-17-02 19:12

nice diversion Nat ;)

L.