Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I'm a little confused (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=147375)

Kairas Thu, Nov-06-03 19:57

I'm a little confused

I started lc diet 6 weeks ago. For the first 3 weeks i lost 6lbs.
Then i started gaining 1 lb a week for the last 3 weeks. I'm not sure
what I'm doing wrong. An example of my day would be
3-4 cups of coffee
eggs, Bacon
protien shake
Cheese, pickles, cucumber
Coleslaw & meat, pickles (Carbs in Coleslaw 4-6)
supper i have a salad, meat (Hamburger, Steak or Ham)
Lite Jello
6-8 Glass of Water
The first 2 weeks 20g carb & unlimited protien
3 week 40-60 g carbl & Unlimited Meat, eggs, cheese.

Does anybody have any idea what i'm doing wrong. PLZ let me know

Thank You
I'm just getting frustrated

Kairas

Froufie Thu, Nov-06-03 20:39

Well it looks like you jumped into OWL, feet first! lol

You may have gone over your critical carb limit for losing (CCLL) and this is causing the weight gain. If you are done with induction, you should pick up your Atkins book and read how to progress thru the ladder rungs for OWL...meaning you only add specific foods (as indicated) one per week (or longer if you prefer) in the amount of 5 net carbs per week. I don't think it's recomended to go from 20 carbs to 60 carbs!

Also you say you are currently eating from 40-60 carbs PLUS unlimited meats, cheeses and eggs? This means you are probably over the 60 carbs as eggs and cheese do have carbs...as well eating too much cheese is known to cause stalls.

As you mentioned the cole slaw and even possibly the deli meats have sugar in them so should be avoided if possible.

Many people stall on aspartame so the jello might be causing problems.

I really suggest reading the Atkins book again, specifically on moving to OWL (if that's what you want to do) and follow the instructions.

Good luck!

Froufy :wiggle:

Kairas Thu, Nov-06-03 20:44

Thank you for your quick response. What is OWL. And can i start over again and do the introduction again.

Thank You

K

sourdaisy Thu, Nov-06-03 20:48

Keep in mind that most poeple don't lose as fast as you hear about. It's a myth so don't let it make you feel bad. 9 pounds in 6 weeks is nothing to laugh at, that's some great progress!

tinaninea Thu, Nov-06-03 20:51

are you drinking decaf?

Rosebud Thu, Nov-06-03 20:58

Quote:
What is OWL.

Hi there Kairas,

That's a bit of a giveaway that you haven't read the book, or you would know that OWL means ongoing weight loss. And you would also understand how to move from Induction to OWL. ;)

How about buying yourself a copy of Dr Atkins' New Diet Revolution? And read it thoroughly before trying to go any further. :read:
Low carbing is too different a way of eating to try doing it on your own.

I wish you much success!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Kairas Thu, Nov-06-03 20:58

No I'm drinking regular coffee am & Green Tea in pm

Kaira

Rosebud Thu, Nov-06-03 21:02

If you'd rather not do Atkins, go to "Which low carb plan is right for me?" at the right side of the screen, and choose a plan there. But whichever plan you choose (and you are more likely to achieve long term success if you stick to a particular plan, at least for the firt few months), do buy and read the appropriate book. ;)

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Froufie Thu, Nov-06-03 21:03

For some quick info before you go out and BUY THE BOOK, check out www.atkins.com There you will find information on induction (phase 1) and ongoing weight loss/OWL (phase 2).

Good luck

Froufy

P.S. You should also know that caffeine is considered a no-no on Atkins, altho many people decide not to give it up!