Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   New Jersey (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=75442)

Tarzan Sat, Dec-14-02 15:59

New Jersey

Hey out there....anyone from New Jersey???
I'd love to be albe to meet some fellow lowcarbers...

shawj11 Sat, Dec-14-02 16:45

NJ

Hi.
I am a fellow Jerseyan...by the shore.
Tuesday will be 2 weeks on induction.
Good Luck to you! :wave:

Tarzan Sun, Dec-15-02 09:29

COOL!

I'm only about an hour from the shore, and my parents live in Whiting; I'm down that way a few times a month! Congrats on getting through induction! How are you feeling? The first 3 days were the worst for me...but now I'm 35 weeks in - and I still love it.
Hope you have continued success...feel free to drop me a line now and then....
:D

shawj11 Sun, Dec-15-02 14:45

Congrats!

Wow! I didn't even look at your stats when I last wrote. You have done fantastic! Can you give me any advice? Do you eat cheese, mayo etc.
You must be so psyced! Congratulations..and continued success! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Tarzan Sun, Dec-15-02 17:56

Thanks

I just loved the cheer leaders! :D
Yes, I do eat cheese - 3-4 oz per day. I use mayo when I'm making tuna salad, but that's about it. I eat a salad at least once a day, and stick to fresh meats rather than lunch meats. I haven't given up coffee, but I have switched from equal to splenda...I was stalled for 4 weeks, and since I made the switch, I'm down 2 more pounds. (Knock Wood!) I love the results, but I do work hard at it. Losing weight has never been easy for me, but this plan is one that I will follow forever. :D
I wish you success! You can do it.
Jersey Women can do anything they put their minds to. ;)

shawj11 Sun, Dec-15-02 19:19

NJ

Cool. Thanks for the tips. I have to pick up some Splenda.
Weight has always been a constant battle for me too. I am at the gym at five am every day. Now that I am getting older, my metabolism has gone completely out of whack and I can't seem to lose no matter what I do.
Hopefully, something will give.
Take care, thanks again and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!
:wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle:

paradux Mon, Dec-16-02 11:19

Another NJer!

Hi, folks,

I'm another NJ-er, Brick Township to be exact. I found a GREAT health food store with a terrific selection - Nature's Nutrition in Brick (Drum Point Plaza - and no, I don't get a kickback! ;) ).

It's good to know that there are other LC-ers in the area. I've had my work cut out for me "educating" the local restaurant staff in the ways of low carbing...

shawj11 Mon, Dec-16-02 18:13

Brick

Too funny.
I moved out of Brick about two years ago...I lived by the High School. Small World! :wave:

raharris Tue, Mar-11-03 13:59

north NJ

Hi --

I'm in North Jersey -- =all= the way North, in West Milford, though I work in Wayne --

Cheers --

cindielyn Sat, Mar-15-03 08:15

Carteret

Hey neighbors! Somedays it does seem like I am the only one, nice to know others are close by.

paradise Wed, Apr-16-03 14:38

Hey fellow New Jerseyans! A Monmouth County resident here. shawj11, do you know the A&P carries Splenda right next to the regular sugar and white flour? Good luck LCing to all!

SummerYet Sun, Apr-20-03 07:47

Nice to see other Jerseans! I feel like there never are any around! I am from Union County.

~Michelle

sasquatch Sun, Jun-01-03 16:58

All the best people are from NJ!! ;)
I'm in North east NJ in Westwood (Bergen County). The best part- there's a store about to open in town called; "Lean On Me" low carb store!!!!
(Details to follow.....)

Kittycat Sun, Jun-08-03 15:30

Hi

I was suprised to see all the New Jerseyites here. I am brand new to thsi site. I have been doing Atkins for 5 weeks. The weight loss is slow, but I am sticking with it. I live in Franklin Park, close to North Brunswick.

pampampam Tue, Jun-10-03 09:38

Hello NJ -- another shore person -- also found a great selection in a health store on Main Street in Manasquan. Anything new that makes me feel like I have a selection is a thrill. I am in my third week, am throwing out the scale and upping the water. Couldn't be happier with how much better I feel, not obsessing over food day and night. Can't wait to go to the store in Brick! :wave: