Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Which LC treat would you buy at the movies? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184043)

ledjinn Wed, May-12-04 08:36

Which LC treat would you buy at the movies?

My husband works at a theater (art house and live events, not part of a chain) and he is thinking of incorporating LC snacks. Please vote for your favorite and I will let him know what you think. Also please speak up about a favorite brand or to mention things not mentioned here.

Thanks!

KathyD Wed, May-12-04 08:41

I picked Nuts....but

I would have picked the beef sticks, But I can not find any brand that does not have corn syrup added. I rather starve than add corn syrup back into my diet.

katmutti Wed, May-12-04 08:49

I picked the pork rinds. I would have chosen nuts, but knowing that they are a limited snack and going to the movies reminds me of popcorn and the mindless noshing. I figured that if I did overindulge, pork rinds would be the safer choice.

Ohio Kim Wed, May-12-04 09:09

I vote for cheese. However, I don't go to the movies all that often and when I do, I usually go ahead and treat myself with some popcorn. I just can't imagine a movie without the stuff.

scorpio381 Wed, May-12-04 09:17

I voted for nuts, however, I think it would be great if movie theaters put in low carb kiosks. It could contain a selection of the above (probably not pickles) and we could actually have a choice!

Elsah Wed, May-12-04 09:21

Mmmmmm smoked almonds!! :)

AFwife Wed, May-12-04 09:22

Aktins Advantage bars for sure. :)

nka Wed, May-12-04 09:27

I eat a hot dog without the bun when I go to the movies.

Kris2 Wed, May-12-04 09:42

I always get a big 'ol pickle and a water.

Zora Wed, May-12-04 09:59

The theatre food and drinks are too dang expensive. I wouldnt buy the low carb snacks there even if they had them! I usually hide a bottle of water in my purse when I go.

bcbeauty Wed, May-12-04 10:03

I see that nuts were the largest choice by the voters.... however... I love snacking through a good movie....and I don't get all to excited about a small handful of nuts. (thats 1 small handful) big whoop! So i chose the crunchy yummy salty pork rinds with about 3 gallons of water. :lol:

TarHeel Wed, May-12-04 10:12

I chose nuts over pork rinds because I thought the pork rinds would be too noisy and annoy other people.

Smoked almonds would be my choice of nuts. Though I would probably bring my own in a baggie.....

CarbSlim chocolate peanut butter bites would be my choice of something sweet.

Kay

lynneuk Wed, May-12-04 10:25

A bag of nuts, preferably macadamias would be my choice.Next would be some of those colby jack individual cheese portions.

ndhulst Wed, May-12-04 10:44

I love chocolate when I go see movies!! thats one things I really miss!!

my favorite are the russel stovers low carb toffee bars....they are so yummy!! but I picked hershey's from you list they are also very good!!

but if you add anything I would say russel stovers brand they make such good chocolate!!

javamel Wed, May-12-04 11:11

I always get a pickle! They keep me crunching through the whole movie. I live in Texas, but am originally from California, and we never had pickles at the movies there. Yet another reason that Tx was a good move for me!!