Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Fell off the wagon!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172882)

lezleyz Mon, Mar-15-04 13:29

Fell off the wagon!!

I'm so mad at myself!!! We had family in town and celebrated my daughters 3rd birthday Saturday. We had a fish fry and it all started by eating a couple small pieces of very lightly floured fish. Not too god awful, but still not low carb. Well, then my mind started thinking that one weekend won't hurt, so I had a piece of cake!! I did have Carbsmart ice cream with it! LOL! I then had PB&J sandwich (I miss them terrible) and some teddy grahms! Oh, and another little sliver of cake!!! I got up this morning and started induction again. I had switched to OWL, but have to get back in ketosis. I've lost 20lbs and need to lose at least another 20!! I'm very mad that I cheated. It wasn't worth the guilt!:cry:

triplemom Mon, Mar-15-04 13:34

When I lost weight on Atkins before, "family in town" was my most difficult challenge! I didn't have as hard a time when we went to see family, but when they came to see me, oh man, watch out! I don't know why that was so hard. You would think that me being in control of what was prepared would make it easier - NOT! Oh well, just dust yourself off and get back on the horse! You can do it! :clap: Just don't beat yourself up over it :bash: like I always did! :)

WeeOne Mon, Mar-15-04 13:44

Don't beat yourself up, just get back on induction. I'm sure it wasn't much harm done.
It's when you continue day after day of cheating that can really mess things up. At least you are aware of the fact that induction is a good idea right now.

Good luck to you!

Wee

twinky Mon, Mar-15-04 14:13

I have fell off the wagon twice
My family wanted to know when Easter dinner is this year and I said I am not going to have one this year
Twice off the wagon was enough
I told them they could suffer one year for their moms health
Keep strong

Birddog Mon, Mar-15-04 14:19

No use crying over spilled milk. Just dust yourself off and climb back on the wagon. We are waiting for you. :)

Dewi Mon, Mar-15-04 14:23

Today is another day. We all fall of the wagon some time but you already knew you were wrong by posting. Welcome back aboard and I hope you get back into ketosis really fast.

Dewi

Fat Mon, Mar-15-04 14:48

Do yourself a favore and get start a journal..That way you can keep track of what you eat and could help you be true to your WOE.
Anna

shoer Mon, Mar-15-04 15:11

Twinky--Why don't you cook a big old turkey for Easter dinner? Serve some sugar-free jello with it, maybe some green beans cooked with bacon, and baked potatoes (that you don't eat.) Give them all a nice bowl of ice cream for dessert (you could have some low-carb ice cream) and everybody's happy!

twinky Mon, Mar-15-04 15:15

OH they will get the turkey
they want all the trimmins
like my famous mushroom gravy and my homemade pies and stuff like that
I told them its a meat and salad easter dinner thats it lol