Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Libido (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=206055)

VegeKiwi Thu, Aug-26-04 19:40

Libido

Hi
Was just wondering if anyones experienced a decrease in libido since lc'ing?

Sccuffy Thu, Aug-26-04 19:45

No, I experienced a decrease in my libido after my daughter was born....lol

VegeKiwi Thu, Aug-26-04 19:54

Just can't seem to get my sex drive going at the moment since lc'ing..... am I the only one whose got this problem?

Built Thu, Aug-26-04 20:04

Mine increased. High fat diets tend to promote testosterone in the body (at least in males).

Of course, I'm also premenopausal and I weightlift. Both of these can and do increase the relative proportions of testosterone in women, which explains my current, um, situation...

Lobstergal Thu, Aug-26-04 20:09

I have PCOS so mine tends to be high anyway but LCing has made it more so.

VegeKiwi Thu, Aug-26-04 20:18

Thanks
Maybe I need to look at other causes, it is really starting to get me down (and my other half)
Kiwi

simplydawn Thu, Aug-26-04 21:15

Its kind of getting my husband down... I have never been at such a lull in interest.. I mean .. no interest at all.. I dont know..its rather odd.. but i feel almost complacent and would be fine never to have sex again.. BLEH.. which some small part of me goes.. omg..never? LOL.. but that is about the extent of interest i have had since january.. :(

poor hubby. I think ..ok.. i just need to .. start.. and then the feelings will come back,and be all good, ya know..but its like,,, oh.. shoot, why did i even HINT at starting something.. :(

twofoofers Thu, Aug-26-04 22:41

Mine is low too. I noticed this after I started having kids. Then I found out it was due to the hormonal balance for the first year after giving birth. Your body is signaling that it doesn't want to get pregnant again. I also have a problem while on birth control pills. They cause the same reaction for me. The only time mine is high is when we are trying to get pregnant and during the pregnancy. I am going in next month and I think I am going to see if there is something different I can try. I need to do something since my DH is only home on the weekends and is usually looking for some lovin'!

Fhyreworks Fri, Aug-27-04 05:18

I have this issue too and I find it really frustrating. I don't have kids and have never been pregnant. Maybe it's all the estrogen being released from fat loss. I don't know. I just wish it would go away (or rather come back). I feel very sorry for my husband, I mean geeze, we've only been married a month and a couple days. Heck, I feel sorry for me too :p I used to really enjoy sex and now most of the time I can't be bothered.

Debbie

GrooveJock Fri, Aug-27-04 05:35

I noticed a decrease in sex drive for the first few months but now I feel like I am 19 again (and thats as much as I am going to say... :) )

twistermom Fri, Aug-27-04 05:42

Wow Built....never knew that, I guess I need to push the LC thing with my hubby!

If anything, I find mine to be more. How long have you been LCing? Maybe your body just needs to adjust.

IdahoSpud Fri, Aug-27-04 05:46

Have you considered seeng a Dr. and possibly getting a prescription? I understand there is now a libido enhancing pill available for women. Couldn't find the name of it for you using a google search however - tons of hits on junk products.

nikkil Fri, Aug-27-04 06:22

Well, mine's waned lately but I think it has more to do with working too much (and shift work, to boot!) and not getting enough time alone with DH (3 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats, 4 jobs between the 2 of us, extended family)....

I have no interest whatsoever and couldn't care less about it except that DH is goin' without and NOT willingly ;)

BarryC Fri, Aug-27-04 06:30

kind of hard to tell cause mine has alway been so high anyway!! :D but lc'ing hasnt hurt!

i think that just feeling better - and more importantly - feeling BETTER about YOURSELF - and the boost to your self confidence would lead to a rise in sexiness! :agree:

Hellistile Fri, Aug-27-04 08:28

I gained back my libido since low-carbing. Perhaps it's the vegetarian component in your low-carbing that is the culprit and not the low-carbing itself?

Quote from Weston-Price Foundation website:

"Celibate monks living in monasteries and leading a vegetarian lifestyle find soy foods quite helpful because they dampen libido."