Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Low Carb Support Group in Calgary? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=66271)

Digitalgrl Wed, Oct-16-02 21:03

Low Carb Support Group in Calgary?

Does anyone know if there is a low carb support group in Calgary, AB? Would anyone be interested in starting one up if there is not? I've been on low-carb for about 6 months now but the last month I've fallen off the wagon! I thought it would be great if there was a group meeting of people who could support eachother through this process.

Would anyone be interested in something like this?

Maybe we could all take over a coffee shop once a week and get the chance to meet and support eachother - drop me a note if anyone is interested!

IslandGirl Thu, Oct-17-02 18:05

Hey, DigitalGrl, half a page down in THIS very forum is a conversational thread called "Any Calgarians Out There?"... I bet you find some Calgary LCers in there....

Jan C Sun, Oct-20-02 21:28

Digitalgirl,

I live in Calgary and started LCing in August.

I would be interested in getting together. what part of the city are you in? You can post in my journal - "Jan's new WOE".

I know there are some other Calgarians on this form. Hopefully they will join us.

Janiceb Mon, Oct-21-02 17:08

Hi Digitalgrl, I'm in Calgary and would be interested in a LC support group. I think meeting for coffee is a great idea. I don't know if I could make it once a week though, once every few weeks is probably what my schedule would allow. Anyway, pls let me know if you get something going. Looking forward to meeting you and Jan. Take care.

:wave:

Jan C Sun, Oct-27-02 20:46

Digital girl

Janice and I are waiting to hear from you. Do you still want to get together for a Calgary Support group?

Jan

dewdrop Mon, Oct-28-02 00:42

Hello Girls!!!

Hi :wave: I would love to meet for "water" sometime!!! Let me know! :wave:

Janice Thu, Nov-07-02 09:30

Dewdrop, JaniceB, and JanC

Sorry I missed coffee last night! I had to work a little later than expected, got there at 10:20pm and I guess you'd already finished up.

Next time, though!!

Janice

dewdrop Thu, Nov-07-02 12:03

Hello Janice!!

Sorry we missed you! Next time for sure!!!! Take care :wave:

Janiceb Thu, Nov-07-02 12:06

Hi Janice, we'll be sure to contact you next time we get together. I really enjoyed our chat last night, it would be nice to meet you also. Can you please pm me and let me know which evenings you work. Talk to you soon.

Digitalgrl Mon, Jan-13-03 12:36

Meeting up

Is anyone still interested in going for coffee?
I got a bit side tracked recently and joined Jenny Craig with a friend!!

Boy did I learn my lesson! I did lose some weight, but I was hungry all the time and the weight loss was painfully slow.
(not to mention $$$)

Let me know if you all are meeting up for coffee somwhere.

Jan C Mon, Jan-13-03 13:53

We did get together earlier in the fall and I tried to let you know, but couldn't reach you.

I am in the contacting the Calgary folks who have contacted me. I think there are 6 or 7 now. Our first get together there was only three. Hopefully we can set a date, time and place within the next week or so.

I can't pm you since you don't have enough posts. If you set up a journal I can contact you through that. We aren't allowed to post email adress on the forums.

Talk to you again soon.

Jan

heather06 Wed, Jan-15-03 00:58

Found Atkins Bake Mix

Hey fellow Calgarians, just wanted to let you guys know I found Atkins Bake Mix at Super Drug Mart, in McKenzie Towne where I live...it was $19.99 (HOLY SMOKES, I know) but I fought some to try. Maybe if there is a Super Drug near you they will have it.
I also posted this in the Low Carb Yellow Pages.

gingertea Sat, Jan-25-03 14:49

Bake mix

Will have to look next time I'm out. Has anyone tried making their own from the recipe posted in the recipe section?

need2Bslym Thu, Feb-20-03 16:37

YES!!

This has been such a great day. I have found so much on this site. I was just looking for someone for support I would love to meet new LC and get together pls let me know :D