Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Community Yard Sale...Proceeds go to keeping POTATOFREE with us!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=155626)

Drake Sat, Dec-27-03 20:08

Community Yard Sale...Proceeds go to keeping POTATOFREE with us!!!

I have a few items I want to get rid of (cough), I mean sale. I want to donate an old grainy Jack Lalanne BETA HI FI video tape, a two foot jump rope, and an old exercise bike with the seat missing. C'mon all, donate to the cause. We have to raise a little money to bribe POTATOFREE into staying with us. She is a valuable member of this family and we can't let her walk away without a fight. :read2:

golflady59 Sat, Dec-27-03 20:35

I have some nice toys I could donate to keep Potatofree here. I always enjoy the posts from Potatofree. Please stay.

FromVA Sat, Dec-27-03 20:40

I have a treadmill in the garage, in pieces, which H refuses to get rid of because "it still works" (oh, PU-LEEZE!). I gladly donate this for the "KEEP POTATOFREE" drive! :lol:

potatofree Sat, Dec-27-03 21:14

:lol: :lol:

hey_Neener Sat, Dec-27-03 21:57

Who says she has to leave us? She may change her diet a bit, but needn't leave the boards. SHeesh!
Right Tater?

hey_Neener Sat, Dec-27-03 21:58

Oh, and Barb...we know where you live! Amanda has contacts ya know!

potatofree Sat, Dec-27-03 22:07

Trust me, I'm not going anywhere. After Neener and Amanda tracked me down to the hospital without knowing my last name or where I live.... I'm too scared to go anywhere! :lol:

Seriously, even if I didn't stay lc, you wouldn't be able to get rid of me. I'm an addict.....

hey_Neener Sat, Dec-27-03 22:27

In leiu of gifts, just send her cash!

Wenzday Sun, Dec-28-03 06:41

Lol...man this thread is crackin me up!

i think she'll stay...there are even some ppl on here doing WW!

Drake Sun, Dec-28-03 08:55

GREAT!!! OUR FAVORITE TATOR TOT IS STAYING AROUND!!! I am still collecting any donations that our members have to offer. If I rummage around in my parents attic, I bet I can find a pair of pink Jane Fonda leotards and a Susanne Somers "unused" THIGH MASTER my sister once bought on a whim. If unsuccessful, I will personally donate 2 cannisters of SLIM FAST that are probably around here somewhere. The things you try when you wanna get rid of the beer belly. "I wonder if getting rid of the beer would have helped?" :doah: Thanks to the ATKINS way, I haven't bought a 12 pack or suitcase in months. Good thing this diet doesn't have many food choices near the beer section of the grocery store.

Marieshops Sun, Dec-28-03 11:25

Yeah, Potatofree is staying, but I still have some really nasty oops, I meant new low carb pasta I would love to donate to such a good cause! :)
Marie

angieK Sun, Dec-28-03 11:27

I have an old Jane Fonda exercise tape. My mother was going to use it--never did. Will this bring in lots of money. I will donate to keep potatoefree around. No one has a sense of humor like her.
angie

potatofree Sun, Dec-28-03 11:59

AngieK-- nobody has a sense of humor like me..and that's a GOOD thing. :)

Seriously, I like the way I feel low-carb, but have just been wondering about whether we should just reject any and all criticism of low-carb out-of-hand. Keeping an open mind to "negative" stories is how we learn. After all, even Dr Atkins revised the plan a few times over the years!

BTW-- I have several bottles of "Miracles" that are only missing a couple of tablets... can I donate to my own cause???

You people crack me up.... :lol:

mommatbird Sun, Dec-28-03 12:41

I have a Deal-a-meal my mother bought me. She bought us both one in hopes I would do it with her. I also have a Jenny Craig cookbook I'd like to donate.

LadyBelle Sun, Dec-28-03 12:57

I have the no will power diet and the Dr's quick weight loss solution. Featuring such menus as lobsters and martinis for lunch, or the eat once a week with a grapefruit before each meal. They have to have some kind of historical value, right?

I can also donate a ton of LC products that are sitting in the cupboard unopened or only used once :)