Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Looking for restart advice (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=69895)

wanderer Sat, Nov-09-02 02:24

Looking for restart advice

Tomorrow I'll be restarting this WOE --again.

I know it works for me but I haven't been successful at sticking with it so far.

To anyone who has started, stopped, and then successfully restarted, any tips? Thanks.

Talon Sat, Nov-09-02 06:33

I started - stopped - waited a year or so then started again. This time I am determined to win, we've had to find recipes for new and different foods (we were bored of the foods before) and most importantly my mind set is different "I Can do this! I am worth it!" - not matter what anyone else says - I know this way of eating is right for me.

Kristine Sat, Nov-09-02 09:43

Hi Wanderer! :wave:

Do you have 'issues' with carbs? Are you insulin resistant, and/or do you get caught up in the addictive pattern with them? If that's the case, then the key to 'restart success' is accepting that you have to change the way you eat forever. :exclm: It takes a long time - and quite a few sugar hangovers after cheating - to really accept that.

Good luck. We're here to :cheer: you on!

DDMariana Sat, Nov-09-02 10:45

Hi Wanderer...

I've been doing Atkins since April - with lots of on and off reasons along the way. To date, I'm still going up and down with the same 10 pounds I lost on induction. It's frustrating.

But I keep re-starting again and again with wild anticipation of a "new beginning" and a "fresh discipline" and "new motivation" and I'll tell you...it's just easier to forget all of that and just plain continue to eat this way whether you're losing or not.

The reason is that you don't have to make a federal case out of Monday morning...it's emotionally exhausting, it calls to mind the failure of bingeing or whatever, and it's really not necessary.

We all have our moments, even our weekends...but whatever it takes, come BACK to the LC fold immediately before it gets out of your physical AND emotional control. Don't ride the waves of "I did good, I did bad" like I did for so long. Don't grade each day or each weigh-in as a success or failure...just make it a basic way of eating without any expectations. I was surprised at how this last week turned out when I wasn't really giving a damn.

It's kind of like those people who try and try to get pregnant...then they don't bother trying anymore, and whaddyaknow??? :sunny:

Good luck...hang in there!

:wave:

wanderer Sat, Nov-09-02 17:08

I suspect that I'm both insulin resistant and addicted to carbs. I spent last night making a list of foods in Korea that are easy to get and low in carbs. I feel a little more enthusiastic about it than last night. It will just take more planning and preparation on my part. Thanks for the support.