Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What did everyone have for dinner last night? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=131857)

gawdess Wed, Aug-20-03 12:08

What did everyone have for dinner last night?

Try anything new?

I made spaghetti squash alfredo and had roasted pecans with a little splenda, a couple strawberries and some soyslender.

etoiles Wed, Aug-20-03 12:59

My husband and I had a meal with all new items and it was completely delicious!

We had brie baked with mushrooms and meatballs in a sweet and sour sauce.

Was really wonderful we will have that again!

lkonzelman Wed, Aug-20-03 13:22

I had protein powder pancakes:
1 scoop Trader Joes Vanilla Whey Protein powder, 2 eggs, 1 TBS heavy cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 TBS oil, 1 tsp baking powder

Had butter and keto syrup as toppings.

hippygal Wed, Aug-20-03 14:52

I had a huge salad with spinach, romaine, bacon, tomato, cheese and garlic ranch, topped with grilled chicken. Even fed it to the kids. Everyone was STUFFED!

alaskaman Wed, Aug-20-03 16:02

what did you have for dinner

I had a small grilled steak, with atkins teriyaki sauce, and some Cauli-flied rice, lots of green onions, couple eggs scrambled up in it. I love that stuff so much that even though its lowcarb, I have to be careful not to overdo it. I made a small batch with 3 big florets - that was all I dared. Bill

Rosebud Wed, Aug-20-03 16:15

Tuna patties, served with a mix of mayo, sour cream and lemon juice.
Stir fried mushrooms, cabbage and pak choy.
Followed by strawberries and cream. :)

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

ge0rg1e Wed, Aug-20-03 16:30

Funny, I was going to start the exact same thread after my particularly tasty dinner tonight!

I made fried "breaded" tofu (dredged in egg and soy flour with salt, pepper, cayenne, and toasted sesame seeds) and a shrimp curry with broccoli, green pepper, onion, simmered in Patak's Tikka Masala Cooking Sauce (6.2g Carbs/100g serving). I served the tofu like one would polenta. It turned out quite good I think and would make a good snack with some dip (I tried it with babaganoush - yum!). If you're missing crispy fried stuff, try soy!

jers52 Wed, Aug-20-03 16:56

tonight I had "unwrapped piggies" - cabbage pieces , ground beef and tomato sauce (LC) thrown into the slow cooker- I even added some cauliflowered-"rice"- the lazy way to have pigs in the blanket!

JV1311 Wed, Aug-20-03 17:27

I had my latest favorite:

3oz chicken steaks, seasoned and pre-cooked with garlic, topped with 1/2 sliced onion, 1oz molten gouda, 2 slices bacon, and sugar-free ketchup with a romaine, tomato and mayo side salad. It is just like having a chicken sandwich, minus the bread.

atlee Wed, Aug-20-03 21:15

Cotes de Porc Auvergnat -- pork chops sauteed in butter, then baked in a casserole dish between two layers of creamed cabbage, with a little white wine -- followed by a slice of cheesecake with homemade strawberry sauce. Delish!

Skamito Wed, Aug-20-03 21:58

My parents are in town and so we went out to eat. Surprisingly, a local restaurant actually had a piece of paper up with the Atkins logo touting their Atkins-friendly choices. They had my usual on there. Petite steak and shrimp with Caesar salad (no croutons). ;)

Further Wed, Aug-20-03 22:23

dinner

I had 2 salmon steaks with butter and lemon and some okra and a block of melted bakers choclate with a tea spoon of peanut butter and splenda melted in.

Karen Wed, Aug-20-03 22:30

Thai BBQ chicken wings - wizzed up cilantro, fish sauce, garlic and lots of black pepper in a blender to marinate the wings - peanut sauce and a Japanese cucumber. Later, did more wizzing...frozen blueberries and strawberries, stevia and soymilk.

Karen

thenewme Thu, Aug-21-03 00:07

I had a huge Red Lettuce salad with spinach, brocolli, egg slices, and Ceasar dressing... it was soooo good.

rustpot Thu, Aug-21-03 02:44

Grilled pork chop
Brocolli
Spinach with creme fraiche
half Roasted yellow pepper with cherry tomato in the middle.(that was the new bit...delicious :yum: )

2 glasses red wine

1 nectarine

large cup of kenyan coffee with heavy cream+ 1 pkt Splenda