Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Could someone take a peek at my menu? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=183024)

KnitGirl Fri, May-07-04 07:02

Could someone take a peek at my menu?

Hi all! Would someone please take a peek at my FitDay menu over the past week and see if I'm eating properly? I am taking a supplement, along with chromium, and I drink oceans of water.
I appreciate any info and suggestions!
Thanks so much!

STALLQUEEN Fri, May-07-04 13:28

You are not eating enough,,,,,you will fall into starvation mode.

more salad, veggies, more protein, fat was ok,

stay away from prcocessed ( sliced cheese ) chrystal light, low carb bars, or low carb stuff in general, to have occasionally, like once every other week,

more calories...

Pandora23 Fri, May-07-04 14:18

You definately need more of just about everything. Take a look at other members menues and the atkins website to get more idea's. You are very low on carbs you should really try to keep it up around 20, being that low is not going to do you any good. Make sure that you get your carbs from primarily veggies. I try to keep my calories around 1200-1400 and sometimes I go over or am a little under. The diet is not going to work right for you if you don't adjust your menu. Good luck!

LucyLucy Fri, May-07-04 14:58

I'm amazed you're losing any weight, your body should have gone into starvation mode by now. Meat and some cheese for an entire day? That isn't Atkins or even low-carb.

If you havent read the Atkins book I'd suggest it, it has a lot of helpful information.

Good luck!

LL :)

4beans4me Fri, May-07-04 15:14

Hun, you need some carbs in the form of healthy veggies somewhere in there. You will lose weight, but it won't be very enjoyable. Your body loses the same at 20, 2, 10, 18 or 5 net carbs a day, you may as well shoot for the max and give your body some extra fuel. Just my 2 cents. :)

KnitGirl Fri, May-07-04 15:26

The meat and cheese for today was just my breakfast--I have about two weeks worth of food lined up in FitDay. I have had some salad, and plan on having chicken wrapped with bacon for dinner tonight.

I'm a bit confused--last week I asked if eating about 1300-1500 calories per day would put me into starvation mode, and I was told no. I really can't eat anymore than that, as I'm too full. So how much SHOULD I be eating?

I have read DANDR from cover to cover, and I am trying not to count calories--just eating till I am satisfied.

4beans4me Fri, May-07-04 15:30

One more suggestion. I would also cut back a bit on your processed meats and cheeses. They are chock full of sodium etc.

kstornado Fri, May-07-04 15:39

knitgirl - not that you should be counting calories but..........i've read that you should have somewhere between 10x's to 12x's your body weight in calories. That's what i've read here in this forum. Of course - you adjust as you lose weight :)