Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   what's your favorite breakfast? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=157698)

flynnlee Wed, Jan-07-04 14:05

what's your favorite breakfast?

hey all! hope ya'll are doing well recovering from the holidays. what is your favorite breakfast? strangely, i still like good 'ol eggs and bacon. i love being able to eat something so fatty and still lose weight. what do ya'll do? what is your favorite on atkins??

Bugspit Wed, Jan-07-04 14:10

I like to mix things up, so when I'm not nibbling on bacon and eggs, I like to have scrambled eggs w/ cherizo.

Hilary M Wed, Jan-07-04 14:14

I'm sick to death of eggs, so I only have them on occasion now. When I do make them, it's usually scrambled with cheddar cheese. I'm a big fan of bacon, though, and eat it almost every day for breakfast.

Once in a while I also eat a slice of pizza quiche or an Atkins banana nut muffin (I keep them frozen).

Judi B. Wed, Jan-07-04 14:18

deviled eggs! Easily transportable to work. Just mash the yolks with a little dijon, some mayo and dill. Fill the whites and smoosh the 2 half's together and throw in a baggie.

I'm sooo sick of bacon and eggs.

flynnlee Wed, Jan-07-04 15:11

oh yeah, i love deviled eggs and they're so easy to make.i'll have to make some tonight! another thought i just had: sometimes i like to put bacon bits in my eggs when i'm too lazy to fry bacon. it's soo good. i also like oscar mayer bologna when i'm on maintence; only one carb per serving, but as it's so processed, i just use it, like i said, for maintence.

Rune1990 Wed, Jan-07-04 15:41

Re-heated hamburgers from the night before ;)

Ryan Evans Wed, Jan-07-04 15:46

scrambled eggs with chorizo is awesome!

For mornings when I'm on the run though, I usually settle for an atkins shake and a piece of buttered low-carb bread. It's not a big breakfast, but it's enough to get me through to my morning snack.

~Ryan

flynnlee Wed, Jan-07-04 16:21

what's chorizo? oh, and you know what's really good with hamburger patties? i LOVE broccli with lots of melted cheese over it! sooo good. delta cafe here in tulsa has cheese melted over it like soup, it's so good...i love atkins, don't you? i binged during the holidays; it was planned since i had been so strict for the last few months; i only gained a few pounds, but now i have so much more energy than i have over the last few weeks....

Ryan Evans Wed, Jan-07-04 16:35

Chorizo is a spicy pork sausage, originally from Portugal I think. Anyways, it's really really tasty.

~Ryan :)

Julie10 Wed, Jan-07-04 17:30

Does anyone know where I can find the recipe for Atkins banana nut muffin.....Julie

MyJourney Wed, Jan-07-04 17:33

pepperoni and eggs

BlitzedAng Wed, Jan-07-04 18:36

Cheesesteak omelette with mushrooms and provalone cheese...Or osolo rolls french toast style with sausage.

LadyBelle Wed, Jan-07-04 18:42

I usually have eggs with a veggie. I used to love an omlette made with feta and smoked salmon when I first did induction. Now it's usually an omlette with spinach and mayo as filling, or zucchini hashbrowns with a basted egg on top.

canoc Wed, Jan-07-04 18:43

Chorizo is Sausage from Spain or any latin American country. The Mexican Style Chorizo that you usually find in a normal grocery store in the western United States is made with lympnodes and all kinds of organs, usually from pork, but also from Beef. Good chorizo is made from ground pork tenderloin.

I am a Bacon and Eggs lover. Everyday I have them for breakfast and sometimes for lunch or dinner.

millermack Wed, Jan-07-04 18:50

1. Low Carb Success brand Flaxseed Waffles with Sugar-free maple syrup
2 .Atkin's low-carb bagels with cream cheese
3. Atkin's Morning Start cereals with sugar-free soymilk
4. Low Carb Success brand Flaxseed hot cereal