Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Would you Adam and Eve it? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=41745)

rustpot Thu, Apr-25-02 10:36

Would you Adam and Eve it?

That is Cockney rhyming slang for "would you believe it?"

Would you believe it there is another diet book out. :o

It is called the Adam and Eve Diet, by Sarah Stacey, paperback, published by Hodder and Stoughton General.

I picked it up of the shelf because of its tag line "How to be Healthy, Happy and live forever, naturally" Which was just what I was wondering at the time.

Has anyone else actually read it because I am mean and did not want to pay for it.

The main thesis is that the diet targets your individual evolutionary type and is meant to work in harmony with the body's specific needs. Sarah Stacey suggests we each belong to one of five body types - hunter gatherer, pioneer, pathfinder, farmer and dancer.

Skipping through it there were certainly low carby thoughts and echos of Neanderthin.

I plan to go back to the bookstore to have another "butchers" ... rhyming slang again. butchers hook = look.

Can anyone save me the bother

Wendye Thu, Apr-25-02 10:51

Seen you round the traps frequently rustpot and always enjoy your posts.

Sorry I haven't read it but it does sound familiar -

You'll just have to take your plates of meat down the frog and toad to have a butchers hook !

There's some Aussie rhyming slang for you. I'll leave it to you to work out the message.

Is yor rhyming slang the same as ours????

ancelse Thu, Apr-25-02 11:11

Quote:
Originally posted by rustpot
The main thesis is that the diet targets your individual evolutionary type
Right off the bat, I see a certain contradiction between invoking "evolution" in correlation to Adam & Eve. But then if Sarah Stacey thinks there is such a thing as "pioneer," "pathfinder," "farmer" and "dancer," body types, I guess anything becomes possible. I wouldn't hold my breath about the kind of science her stuffs relies on though. :rolleyes:

rustpot Thu, Apr-25-02 11:21

Australian slang certainly has its roots in East End London market trader slang. Carried by emigres everywhere. It was originally invented to confuse the "old Bill" (police). Early English rapping do you think? New words are always getting added but not many stand the test of time.

Well I must do as you suggest. Instead of sitting here on my Jack Jones I had better get up off my Kyhber, get on my Dick Van Dyke and go and buy the Captain Hook.

Rhyming slang is a load of Jackson Pollacks really!

rustpot Thu, Apr-25-02 11:27

I suspect you are right Ancelse. There is the whiff of Blood types about it and popularist hokum.

Atrsy Thu, Apr-25-02 13:40

Rustpot, you took the words out of my mouth!

Sounds like "Eat 4 Your Blood Type" to me.

Don't mean to poke fun, but are those slices of potaotes all over your head, Ancelse? What a unique way to use them up. :wave:

Lisa N Thu, Apr-25-02 14:22

I agree with Atrsy...

sounds like a spinoff of the "Eat Right For Your Blood Type" and there may be some merit to it. Diets are not "one size fits all", so I don't think absolutely everyone should be following the same menus. Now...is what's good for you to eat necessarily determined by your blood type? The jury's still out on that one.

Wendye Thu, Apr-25-02 19:31

Jury out

I'm sure the juryis still out.

My dietitian has been doing a survey of her patients for about 10 years or so and reckons that
blood type a+ lose weight more quickly and
blood typw 0+ lose more slowly.

She's not sure about the diet for your blood type hokus pokus!

any commments????

tamarian Thu, Apr-25-02 19:37

Re: Rustpot, you took the words out of my mouth!

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrsy
are those slices of potaotes all over your head, Ancelse?

I think they are cuts of meats and sausages. She looks very delicious to me :yum:

Wa'il

Karen Thu, Apr-25-02 21:40

Yes indeedy!

There are more meat hats here: Hats of Meat along with another one that some of you may recognize! ;)

Kaern

Bloom Thu, Apr-25-02 22:53

Re: Rustpot, you took the words out of my mouth!

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrsy

Don't mean to poke fun, but are those slices of potaotes all over your head, Ancelse? What a unique way to use them up. :wave:

:lol: Well i had my laugh out loud for the day :lol: .
It had caught my eye before and Id wondered , what in the h**l but I didnt think for a second it was Ancelse, isnt it an actress in some (probably French) movie??
come on now Ancelse Im dying for you to explain :)

Bloom Thu, Apr-25-02 23:11

:lol: :roll: :lol: hahaha you werent joking!!

YUK :eek: !!

How bout this one

Wendye Thu, Apr-25-02 23:19

Why is Ancelse (or the French? actress) wearing the Canadian?? It must be a french connection. All the rage in Paris is it???

THE CANADIAN - This cold-weather cap features a helmet of fine Canadian bacon and a chin-strap of sausage links. Just as their dense flesh protects pigs through the harsh Canadian winters, this hat keeps your head warm in the coldest of climates.

So not potato slices Atrsy - Canadian bacon!!!
I thought it looked like a sausage chin strap - I guess you could just nibble away if you got hungry.

I've got to get a life - sorry Rustpot - we've certainly gotoff the topic.

Anyone planning to make a meat hat - not me!!

Bloom Fri, Apr-26-02 00:27

Thats Bacon :eek: strangest looking bacon Ive ever seen :confused: .
So pale and round like luncheon or chicken roll .

Ours is red, red and at least oblong if not strips and no I wont be modeling a hat :p

ancelse Fri, Apr-26-02 12:08

Quote:
Originally posted by rustpot
There is the whiff of Blood types about it and popularist hokum.
Errare hokum est!

Quote:
Lisa N
The jury's still out on that one.
Maybe the OJ Simpson’s jury but from science’s point of view, it’s complete junk!

"Potaotes"? Connais pas ça, moi. "Kaern"! C’est quoi ça? Connais pas ça non plus...