Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   New & need a buddy! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=46192)

Corrie Fri, May-31-02 15:57

New & need a buddy!

Hello!
I started 2 months ago with 87 pounds to lose - and here I am - almost 30 pounds lighter, and I need a buddy.

:roll:

I have no one who understands this WOL at home - It is an inconvenience to most. They see and appreciate the results - but eat my food along with theirs.

I just had a baby a little over a year ago - and had a TON of problems, was on almost complete bedrest and couldn't walk, so I went from a size 6 back to a 22 after I had lost it all 2 years prior.

So I am at the point where I am just regaining my health - and being able to walk and exercise so I can get rid of all this again.

summer10 Sat, Jun-01-02 12:27

Hi Corrie,

Wow I can't believe you lost 30 lbs in two months! That's excellent. I have been LCing for two months and I've only lost 13 lbs., AND I have more to lose than you do. Congratulations.

Are you still on induction? I am. I don't mind this WOE but of course I would like to lose faster.

Summer

Corrie Mon, Jun-03-02 08:08

HI Summer

I am lots happier this morning - am down to 190!!!
How are you doing? Are you still on induction as well? We need to figure out a way to get you program jumpstarted...could there be hidden carbs somewhere that are slowing you down???
Are you writing down everything you eat and drink?
This morning I had a glass of lemonade (water with lemon juice and 1 splenda packet - about 2 carbs) and 1 cup of decaf with cream- 1 carb. What about you???

Cinderella Mon, Jun-03-02 08:24

What wonderful results Corrie...wow! Good for you!!! YOu will be at goal weight before you know it...and with better eating habits!!

Hats off to you!! :)

Cin :wave:

Corrie Mon, Jun-03-02 08:28

HI Cinderella

You are most kind.
It is so nice to have a support fourm like this. If I mention anything at wotk - I am looked at like I have 3 heads.
Thank you so much. How is your program going?

summer10 Tue, Jun-04-02 17:11

HI

Hi Corrie,
You are doing really great, you must be so proud of yourself.

I don't think there are any "hidden" carbs in my diet.
For breakfast I usually have 1 egg and an Atkins shake, or 2 eggs and a 1/2 cup coffee w/cream. Lunch is usually chicken or tuna salad. Dinner is either fish, chicken or steak with a salad and sometime a cup of green beans. Occasionally, if I work late I have an Atkins bar. I'm not that hungry and I drink tons of water. But the pounds are coming off slooooowly.

As of this morning I am down 15 1bs., so I was happy this morning! I am considering only weighing in every few weeks. Right now I am doing 1x a week and if I don't have a loss, I am really annoyed!

I will just stick with it and eventually it will come off.

Keep up the great work you are doing.

Summer

Corrie Wed, Jun-05-02 08:06

Hi Summer

HI SUMMER!
Your meal plans look good!! Keep it up. Just keep experimenting with your carb levels until you find what works for you.

Congratulations on your 15 pounds!

I am down to 186 this morning!! We are doing great!!

For breakfast this morning I am having an Atkins bar - it's the easiest thing to eat while you are at work.

I know how you feel...I really long to get past this part and be on maintenance. I can rarely leave induction or my weight loss slows to a crawl and that drives me crazy!!! I also cannot have any coffee or diet sodas - they do the same thing - slow me way down and make me retain water.

So like I said - just keep it up and you will find what works for you!!!

summer10 Wed, Jun-05-02 17:48

Thanks for the encouragement!

You are doing unbelievable. Are you exercising? I have been walking 30 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week. Unfortuately, when I am busy with other things, (like work), walking is usually the thing I don't get to. But I really try to do it because I know it will make the weight loss faster.

I am not planning to weigh in until the end of June. I want to get away from the scale, because it's so depressing when I don't have a loss. I figure if I wait a few weeks then I'll be sure to have some loss!

Keep up the great work.

Summer

mythreeson Wed, Jun-05-02 19:07

i think you are both doing great i think any weight lose is a gain. i have lost 25 pounds in 6 weeks and i feel great hope by christmas to me at least 75 punds lighter than when i started.

Corrie Thu, Jun-06-02 07:59

Thank you both!!

Summer - Yes, I exercise. I take the baby for walks in her stroller a few times a week - plus I teach belly dance classes and we have a swimmimg pool - (one big enough to actually swim in...)

When I see my weight loss slowing - I crash right back to induction.

I was so hungry last night - I ate an extra piece of burger. :roll:

It is way to quiet at work this morning - think I'll go get another cup of decaf....

summer10 Fri, Jun-07-02 06:49

HI

I'm off work today. This is the first weekend I will not be weighing in since I started LCing. I hope I can stay away from the scale. I want to wait so I'll see a big loss - I know it's the same amount whether I see it every week or every few weeks, but it's so depressing when there is no loss.

I plan on walking for 45 minutes today since I have time.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Seeing how much you guys are losing makes me feel like there's hope that I'll catch up!

Summer

Corrie Fri, Jun-07-02 08:30

Weigh in

I usually get on the scale every day if I am doing well - I get on once a week if I'm having a hard time.

I wonder if you are getting enough protein....
I try to have between 120-150 grams per day.

What do you do for snacks? Try supplementing with a protein shake - or an extra scoop of tuna or something.

Are you eating any nuts, fruit or anything like that???

If so try cutting that out for now - and eat more protein.

My son graduates from high school today - so I am off for 1/2 the day - I should have worn waterproof mascara......

summer10 Fri, Jun-07-02 10:16

Hi Corrie

I think I am getting enough protein. I don't track my food, but I have been thinking about doing that on Fitday. I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to do it. I'm hoping in the next few weeks things will slow down.

I don't usually snack during the day. When I am working, I have breakfast before I leave the house. I have lunch at work and I don't eat again until I get home. I am eating some nuts. I find that if I have a few macadamia nuts when I get home I seem to lose better. I started doing that because I didn't think I was getting enough fats. I usually only have an ounce and then I start making dinner. I don't eat any fruits. All of the other things I eat are acceptable induction foods. I cut out diet Coke which was a big deal for me. I do usually have 1/2 cup of caffeinated coffee every morning.

I did walk for 45 minutes today, so I am happy about that.

Congrats on your son's graduation! You must be proud. How many children do you have? You mentioned a baby in an earlier post.

Summer

Corrie Fri, Jun-07-02 10:23

Hi Summer!

If the only nuts you are eating are the macadamia - thats good!.
When thing calm down try writing down what you eat every day. It can be very revealing!

I have 4 kids, 3 boys and 1 girl(and yes I live in Utah but no I am not a mormon).

My boys are 18, 17 & almost 12. We were done. I was fine. I knew I'd never get my little girls cause I couldn't have any more kids anyway......and then a little miracle happened.

So - in my book - she was worth every problem - she was worth every pound. Her older brothers just spoil her rotten - it is really fun to have a little girls runnning around the house after dealing with little boys for so long!!!

Corrie Fri, Jun-07-02 10:25

I had an idea...
Do you ever get a break at work?

If I don't eat a little 5 times a day instead of 3 larger meals I don't lose.

Can you take an egg to work - or a protein drink, so your body always knows there is more fuel coming and will continue to burn???