Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Member (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=157643)

amyhall Wed, Jan-07-04 09:23

Hello -

I'm a new member and just started the diet on Monday. I love this website but feel so overwhelmed. I have a hard time putting meals together. I'm going to surf this site for answers. If anything important comes to mind, please share!!

Wish me luck!!!

Thanks - Amy

rrmalns Wed, Jan-07-04 09:25

Good Luck Amy :p

Renee

smoothblu Wed, Jan-07-04 09:29

Welcome

There is a great section in the Kitchen forum that maybe able to help you with putting meals together. Recipes, advice and suggestions can be found there.
I have found some really good recipes.

meagan Thu, Jan-08-04 11:16

You can do it!!!
My best advice to you is to read the Atkins books. =)

mem2 Thu, Jan-08-04 11:53

Welcome, and with your determination and the support of the great folks here you will succeed! Hang in there and don't give up on yourself. You are worthy of having the very best!

DeLayette Thu, Jan-08-04 12:16

May all of your weight loss goals be reached!! Welcome from one new member to another!

sexee_babe Thu, Jan-08-04 13:34

Hi Amy...just a quick hello to welcome you to the forum, my LITERATI opponent!!
SEE YA IN THE GAME!!!

melouda101 Thu, Jan-08-04 14:41

Hi Amy and everyone on thread

I, too, started Monday a low-carb life. We will reach our goals together!!! :dazzle:
Melody

PKV Thu, Jan-08-04 16:43

good luck to you Amy and Melody. I am too a newbie and getting used to the Lc way of life. So far so good.

Hang in there this is a great site.

Bev Joe Fri, Jan-09-04 10:46

Hi Amy! I am a newcomer myself. My name is Wendy and I began Atkins on January 5. I am so excited. I have finally made up in my mind that it is time to change my eating habits and lifestyle. I guess that comes when you are getting ready to turn 30. My birthday is in February and I decided that when I turned 30, I wanted to live a healthier life. Diabetes and heart disease runs in my family and I know I have got to get my health under control.

I must admit that I doubted Atkins a couple of days this week, but with reassurance from family and friends I am excited about my new way of life. Reading the book has also encouraged me. I know this board will be great for me. I solicit your support as I will give mine to you. Good luck Amy! We can do this!

Wendy

abowers Fri, Jan-09-04 10:54

Hi Amy! I wish to welcome you! I too just started yesterday! I tried the Atkins diet a few years ago and lost a lot of weight, but then met a vegetarian and his meals consisted of nothing but carbs!! Needless to say I strayed away from the plan! But here I am getting ready to turn 35 and ready to go! The support from everyone in this forum ROCKS!!

Good Luck!
potato head