Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   C*o*n*s*t*i*p*a*t*i*o*n (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=129830)

sunseeker Mon, Aug-11-03 17:19

C*o*n*s*t*i*p*a*t*i*o*n

(sang to the tune of Infactuation)....sound like a great song!!! HELP ME Ya'll!! I'm into my 5th day..all had been ok until yesterday....

Tracy916 Mon, Aug-11-03 17:29

Drink LOTS of WATER. What veggies are you eating? Spinach is good for keeping things moving. Salads in general are good. If you need more help, try the sugar free metamucil. It is not that bad. I've been using it pretty much every day since my 1st week on Atkin's. But be sure to drink LOTs of WATER!

LCalamari Mon, Aug-11-03 17:41

Drinking lots of water will help as well as the salads. It doesn't always help me so I take a mild senna laxative when I need some help.

sunseeker Mon, Aug-11-03 17:43

I'm drinking 60-70 ounces of water a day.....is that enough???? Thanks for the advice about the spinach!...I'm having a hard time with veggies recipes in general though, I was so used to opening a can of green beans or grilling some ears of corn for my veggies each night...

amy576 Mon, Aug-11-03 18:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseeker
I'm drinking 60-70 ounces of water a day.....is that enough???? Thanks for the advice about the spinach!...I'm having a hard time with veggies recipes in general though, I was so used to opening a can of green beans or grilling some ears of corn for my veggies each night...

Yeah...salad & spinach work real well. I have a hard time finding recipes for veggies also. One thing that I do make - either frozen or fresh green beans cooked then saute them with either Pam or olive oil. Then I add turkey bacon (I like it so much better than regular bacon) & garlic salt. YUMMY! YUMMY!

ps...I think that's plenty of water.

~Amy

zhyachts Mon, Aug-11-03 18:37

A hand full of SF Jelly Belly's or one of those big zero carb Doctor's CarbRite chocolate bars (the ones with soy crisps are great) will make everything come out alright.

amy576 Mon, Aug-11-03 18:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhyachts
A hand full of SF Jelly Belly's or one of those big zero carb Doctor's CarbRite chocolate bars (the ones with soy crisps are great) will make everything come out alright.

Oooohhh...I love the Carbrite Chocolate crisps bars! :yum:

~Amy

rose7 Mon, Aug-11-03 18:50

I finally took some laxatives and it brought me relief. I was suffering from the worst constipation!
I started eating Flax O Meal, which has 10g fiber per serving, I'll let you know of the 'progress'

I'm also taking Metamucil caplets, they seemed to be working at first, but later on made 'it' rock solid.
I've also heard that flaxseed oil capsules help regularity.
And eating fiber rich veggies is a must.

The LC chocolates and candies seem to give me tons of gas and no 'laxative' effect, so I stopped eating them. So painful! :lol:

Hope that helps, :)

amazin77 Mon, Aug-11-03 19:08

Natural Tea

I've been using this natural tea cleanser. You start with one bag and let it steep with hot water. I like it hot when my climate is cold and when climate is hot I prefer to let it get cold after it's been steeping for awhile.

It's natural stimulator is from a Locust Tree=Senna
You can only by it from a Doctor of Chiropractor, D.C.

It's called: KiroKlenz: It comes in lemon or natural plain tea flavor. I have to use it every other day or I can never go. I've been using it for about 4 years now. I get it from my chiropractor by the box. So ask your chiropractor for this natural tea called ChiroKlenz or have him check his chiropractor network associations.

Hope that helps,

amazin77

The tea usually works when taken for me about 5-8 hours.

zerod Mon, Aug-11-03 19:45

Water Water Water and no Corn!

Hi SS!!

sunseeker Mon, Aug-11-03 20:04

Hi Z!!! LTNS!!!

Thanks ya'll for the advice......MMMMMM DID SOMEONE SAY SUGAR FREE JELLY BELLIES?????? :roll:

zerod Mon, Aug-11-03 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseeker
Hi Z!!! LTNS!!!

Thanks ya'll for the advice......MMMMMM DID SOMEONE SAY SUGAR FREE JELLY BELLIES?????? :roll:

I knew you would see that, they are not bad....... but wait until your off induction..... IMHO!

Isiar Tue, Aug-12-03 09:35

Psyllium! It REALLY makes a difference for me.

hev Tue, Aug-12-03 09:53

I hear you

I know it's terrible but it will get better believe me, I was constipated for the first three months the longest I went without a #2 was three weeks but now I am ok. I tried psyllium husk but it didn't help, I added cauliflower to my diet and hey presto.

JeannieM Tue, Aug-12-03 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose7
I've also heard that flaxseed oil capsules help regularity.
And eating fiber rich veggies is a must.
Hope that helps, :)

Yup. Flaxseed oil is what finally "did the trick" for DH and me. We take 2 Metamucil psyllium caplets in the AM and 2 in the PM with 1000mg of flaxseed oil. The flaxseed oil seems to "soften" the psyllium and allows everything to reach the right consistency (ugh!! -- too much information, right??)

And lots and lots of water.

Jeannie