Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Buh-bye wardrobe! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=104919)

Kareny Mon, May-12-03 20:31

Buh-bye wardrobe!

Today is a sad day... :( I said goodbye to the majority of the jeans and skirts in my wardrobe.

Reason being that they no longer fit. :D

I've got to stock up on Size 12s now... I'm still belting up my 14s and 16s in the meantime, but the size 18s just aren't cutting it! Even with a belt, those things look like freaking clown pants on me.

I know what I'm asking for for my birthday next month! New clothes! (And new workout tapes.) ;)

The box of size 18 clothes is now tucked in the spare storage space underneath my bed. I'm considering foisting them off on my parents when they come through in a couple of weeks for my sister's college graduation... I don't plan to ever need them again if I can help it!

Talon Mon, May-12-03 20:56

Congrats! Shopping time D) If your siste doesn't want the close, I am sure someone here would love it (they would pay shipping of course!) Hmmm.... I am in a 16-18 now. :) Too bad you are 7 inches taller!

tgill32177 Tue, May-13-03 09:41

Way to go!

I am looking forward to following in
your footsteps. I have a few more
#'s to lose before I attempt a size
14. I am short so my fat thighs hinder
me from getting into a smaller size.

We shall see soon.

**~*~*~*~*~*~*~ here's some
Best Bargain wishes on your next
shopping trip.

Tanya

2 Fat Wed, May-14-03 20:23

Size 12!!! :cheer:

I'm so jealous (size 18 here) :tears: I have a long way to go.

justcindy Fri, May-16-03 09:37

Size 12~!!! Thats my goal! Congrats!!!!!!!! You are an inspiration! :D

Kareny Fri, May-16-03 17:07

The problem with shopping is that I'm flat broke right now, so I'm making do with a lot of skirts (which, believe it or not, I can't wear to work - can't teach preschool in those - so I'm stuck belting up my size 14 jeans).

I've been bouncing around a lot but put 187 down as my stats since that's the lowest I've gotten in the past month. And tonight I'm back there! Usually my morning readings are the best, so I'm thrilled to get that reading in the evening. Can't wait to see how I look tomorrow morning.

Size is a funny thing. I've heard people bemoan 12/14 as overweight, but they're usually much smaller than me. Back at size 16, I was telling some of my coworkers that I'd be thrilled to be a 12. I mean, I've got hips! Those bones ain't goin' away!

Now that I'm at a 12, I think I could be healthy and be an 8 or 10. I've still got some extra inches to lose. And at this point a lot of them are loose skin, so hopefully they'll disappear presently. :D

I still have to say, packing away that box was VERY psychologically rewarding.

ladyvlts Sat, May-17-03 21:22

How exciting. I have some very loose clothes right now. I cannot wait until I can buy smaller sizes. And for those that are on really tight bugets...You sure can't beat resale shops and good ole yard sales will be starting up soon. I don't plan on sinking alot of money into something that I know I will not be in for long. Congrats!

sushigal Tue, May-20-03 19:41

Hey,

Congrats on your weight loss. I am 6'1" tall and just now getting into the 18s. If you are interested in selling them please let me know.

Can you tell me how long it took you to get to the weight you are now?

Thanks,
Karen

hev Sun, May-25-03 08:40

Welldone. I can't even imagine how good you feel. I am a long way off yet but long for the day I can go clothes shopping and not come home empty handed, red eyed and my self esteem in tatters. you give us all something to work towards. Enjoy it!

Kareny Tue, May-27-03 07:38

Sushigal - I would love to pass my clothes along; unfortunately, or maybe call it serendipity, I've come up with another use for them (more info in my journal). Basically, another friend of mine who's also a size 18 just lost everything in an apartment fire, so it makes more sense to pass them along to her.
So The Box is currently sitting in the lobby of my apartment building (how's THAT for a reminder?) waiting for her to come by and pick them up.

My parents brought up my high school clothes this weekend. Some of them were too big! Sadly some of the jeans are very out of style - light blue denim, when dark blue is more the trend these days. I might wear them around the house, anyway.

Kareny Tue, May-27-03 07:41

Oh, and I didn't mark the exact date, but I first started cutting out white flour in October or November, then when I saw the results from that (!) decided to start cutting sugar after Christmas. I started cutting down on whole wheat about a month ago. ("The Kareny weight loss plan" :D ). It's worked pretty well for me, and now I'm basically acting like I'm on Atkins OWL, just without counting carbs exactly (which I know would make me fall off the wagon in a hurry because it would annoy me).