Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Do you dare hide the scale? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=92676)

TeriDoodle Sat, Mar-15-03 21:08

Do you dare hide the scale?

Ok, who's with me on this??

I dare you to hide your scale for one month.

Record your weight and measurements today (unless you're at the beginning of TOM) and we'll see who can hold out 'til April 15th.

I've gotta do this....my scale is DRIVING ME MAD!!!!!!!!

luddybell Sun, Mar-16-03 04:41

dang that will be sooooooooo hard b/c my scale "owns" me LOL! my db says i love it more than him! i wake up and weigh, i weigh before bed! dang!

Misty

glo Sun, Mar-16-03 06:25

Yikes!! I so want to do this, but am terrified of a weight gain if I am not vigilant about weighing in. SOmeone convince me to??? I am so tired of being disappointed, but would be devastated if in a month I weighed in and was 5 lbs heavier :(

TeriDoodle Sun, Mar-16-03 07:43

Damn, glo!!! Look at those STATS!!!! Woohooo!!!!!

Surely after all that experience of LCing you know your body well enough! If your jeans fit the same, then don't worry about what the scale says....that's the whole point of the exercise!!

FREEDOM FROM SCALE SLAVERY!! Say YES to the tape measure and pant-o-meter!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

iBelieve Sun, Mar-16-03 08:55

I am SO with you on this Teri! In fact I was just writing an email to a friend that I'm doing exactly that. I'm so tired of getting frustrated by what those stupid numbers say! I'm using clothing as a guide for at least the next month, and we'll see what happens! :)

bigguyjonc Sun, Mar-16-03 09:06

really really want to do this but...

I am going to start my fat fast today. And I want to see if it works. That' hard to check without the scale. Hmmm very tempting. OMG I can barely bring myself to only weighing once a week. :)

Jon

p.s let me think about it....

bigguyjonc Sun, Mar-16-03 09:34

thought about it...I'll do it...

I thought about it and I'm going to do both. Fat fast for 3 days and I'm hiding the scale for a month. :D

I weighed this morning. God this is a little scary,but ya know what I feel great right now. I am down in inches. I did loose 2 pounds last week after a 2 week stall. If i gain 5 pounds in that month I'm coming for you. Just kidding. ;)

Jon (fingers crossed)

1busymomma Sun, Mar-16-03 11:48

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TeriDoodle
[B]Damn, glo!!! Look at those STATS!!!! Woohooo!!!!!

[QUOTE]

My thoughts exaclty, I know it's frustrating but hang in there!!!

I am so ready to give up on the scale, hasn't move and inch anyway since I started induction. I've noticed my loss physically though. Since I am moving I will just pack it away and not worry about it. Thanks for the challenge!!!

DDMariana Sun, Mar-16-03 12:29

No, No....I won't go!! No, No...I won't go!! :cheer: :nono: :cheer:

My scale needs the exercise...or it will die... :eek: when you leave that turning part unmoved for over a month, it will STICK... then when you DO need to weigh, what will you have?? A STUCK scale???

(Isn't that what we have now ???) :(

Teri, this is gonna be a hard sell, but you already have some takers...adventurous and dedicated soldiers in the LC army! I will support you brave troops all the way.

:wave:

eva123 Sun, Mar-16-03 13:16

I am with you Teri

TOM will be on his (her) way soon so I'll measure first thing in the morning...and will see you on the 15/04

I had already tried that and was successful during ....2 days!!! Sad really..

/?Ciao :wave:

kttysktty Sun, Mar-16-03 15:25

hide the scale!!!

I haven't used a scale regularly in years....I got into way too much trouble with a scale once.

When I started Atkinsing I weighed me at work..once. When I signed onto lowcarbers, they asked for a weight, so I checked at work. I do NOT want to know.

The Ktty, who usually knows something's up when her pants fall off, yanno?

kypraia Sun, Mar-16-03 15:44

This is good timing, I just weighed myself for the first time in a month today. I had decided not to weigh myself for a few days, because it was fluctuating like crazy but never going down. A few days turned into a few weeks and then a month. I got so scared that when I DID weigh myself finally I would have gained 10 pounds or more. Finally today I took a lot of deep breaths and weighed myself---the exact same weight as a month ago. So I was both relieved not to have gained and disappointed to be STILL stalled.

So from one who has just completed what you're all about to do--it has taught me that the scale has NO RIGHT to frighten me!!

Good luck to everyone,
Kypraia

amieK Sun, Mar-16-03 16:56

Hide the scale!!!! :eek:

I admire your courage! But I'm with DD, I'm just not ready for it.

I've tried to go for a week without weighing but I usually get off track when I do that.

I had a great week last week, weighed every morning. So if it ain't broke, don't fix it!! :D

But I wish you all the best in overthrowing the tyranny of the mechanical monster.

amieK
:)

TeriDoodle Sun, Mar-16-03 20:20

Oh Cool!!! I've got brave souls to join me .... I won't feel so all alone!!

All you others are just big chickens!!! Oh, ye have so little faith!!

TeriDoodle Mon, Mar-17-03 13:54

Day 2 without a scale. I think I'm liking this!! :D