Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Beginner/Low Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   pilates? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=46276)

shelxland Sat, Jun-01-02 16:06

pilates?

I am not good at finding time to exercise. There I said it. My husband and I even belong to a gym where the more we go the cheaper it is (his company pays more the more we go).

I have been thinking about either taking the pilates class once a week to start at the gym, or getting a video like The Method and trying to do it at home more.

Has anyone tried pilates? What did you think?

Thanks!!

Shelley

razzle Sat, Jun-01-02 17:53

wow, if you have cheap access to pilates (which can be darned spendy), go for it! It's a nice combination of strength, flexibility and cardio. If you can get a couple of walks in besides that to begin, that'd be great too.

aggieamy Mon, Jun-03-02 11:25

HI~
I just bought Windsor pilates off the internet.. she is the one that trains all the stars ;) .. Any how it was like $40 for 3 tapes .. I haven't recieved it yet, but a freind of mine did pilates twice a week and that s ALL she did , no diet or anything .. and lost like 10 pounds last semster .. I figure it will be much more easier for me to find time to do it around the house whenever I want that to drive to a gym and wait for a class to start :wave:

shelxland Mon, Jun-03-02 12:20

I went to Target yesterday and bought The Method pilates tape and a belly dancing tape. I haven't had a chance to try either yet but I can't wait... Hopefully this afternoon.

I'll let you know what I think.

k-fire Mon, Jun-03-02 17:37

re:pilates

I started pilates about a month ago at my local Gold's Gym. It is a great toning workout. My obliques started taking shape only after 2 weeks of class - something I could never get with my regular ab workout.

My only recommendation? Take the class at the gym a couple of times before you start on just the tape. The key to pilates is form and it help to have an instructor spotting your mistakes.

Have fun!

shelxland Mon, Jun-03-02 18:49

Good idea!! I've heard the pilates class is fun here.

heathbme Tue, Jun-04-02 21:32

shexland, Too funy I was in target the other day & I bought abook on pilates "the pilates body" by Brooke Sisler And the belly dancing tape! I thought belly dancing would be fun and may come in handy in the romance department,a multi-purpose tape :p
Let me know what you think of the work out .I haven't done it yet!

heathbme

annalabeba Fri, Jul-05-02 18:49

pilates

I just got the winsor pilates tape, i have done it 2 days in a row, i love it because is very low impact, (i am very lazy) plus is not boring at all reminds me a lot of my ballet classes when i was younger, i hope it wortks, i think it will because i can feel every single muscle in my body once i am done, if it works i am sold, i did tae-bo for a while and found it a little to cardio, i want to tone i think this will do it, i will keep you posted of my results.

caverjen Tue, Jul-16-02 20:07

Pilates!

1 Attachment(s)
I started taking Pilates about the same time as I started The Zone. I had just had my 2nd baby, and at first I couldn't even do half the exercises because my abs were so weak. Now my stomach is flatter than it was before having kids! I like going to a class to have the instructor help me with form and to do a new workout each time. I am considering getting a DVD for those days I can't make it to the gym. I will try to attach a picture of my abs.

Jen