Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   anyone from delaware? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=35192)

KC21 Sun, Feb-24-02 07:46

anyone from delaware?

Anyone from Delaware?

gatorbytes Wed, Feb-26-03 10:24

delaware here

Elizabeth2 Wed, Feb-26-03 12:53

NCC Delaware, here too!

Billj Thu, Sep-25-03 19:32

So is there anyone in Delaware still here?

GNCLCGirl Sat, Jan-03-04 19:16

i live in md but im from delaware NCC

Billj Sat, Jan-03-04 21:06

Hi Anna,

I live in NCC as well, bear to be exact. I see you have done well with the low carb regimin. I have been a couple pounds from my final goal for ever, but I know I will make it eventually. I took it easy during the holidays. I was so close for all intents and purposes, I just wanted not to worry too much for a while. I'm sure I put back on a few pounds, but I will be right back on track this week. I think I want to lose 5 pounds more than my original goal. As I got closer to my goal, and relaxed a bit, I would seem to put back on 5 lbs immediately and then hold steady. So I'm hoping I take off the extra 5, when it goes back on I'll be where I want to be.

Nice to hear from someone nearby. Thanks for responding...

Bill

GNCLCGirl Sun, Jan-04-04 10:14

hello,
right now i live in elkton but im like 10 min from bear, i grew up in old new castle. I see you have done well with the wol as well. i also want to lose like 5lbs and want to tone up for the holidays, Have you found any good deals or new food out there. we can keep each other updated on what we find,

Billj Fri, Feb-13-04 10:30

Hi Anna,

I am always trying new things. Mostly still purchasing online. I just got a new pizza kit from The Low Carb Chef. I love pizza and would love to find a good tasting low carb pizza.

I can't chat much now because I am off to Germany, but I'll write more when I get back.

Bill

GNCLCGirl Fri, Feb-13-04 12:40

well,
have a good trip. I found a lot of stuff at Natures way off of main street and GNC at Concord Mall. I will let you know the names of the products as I try them.
I did have the new carb smart bbq sauce found it at acme in elkton. it is so so so good!!!!

Billj Sun, Feb-22-04 19:07

Hi Anna,

So what kinds of things have you found at Natures Way? The Guenardi's stores here in Delaware are stocking a fair amount of low carb stuff now. Plus they have to=hose Ross Chocolates. They are sooo good. There is a shoprite where I work in NJ that has the Atkins breads. I love their rye bread and it costs so much to ship, it just wasn't worth it. But now I can get it without paying for shipping.

I didn't do so well in Germany. It is so hard because they treat us pretty well when we are over there and you just don't get the opportunity to drink German Beer very often. So between bread (fresh baked everywhere), the Barviarin Pretzels and the Beer, I was doomed right from the start.

But I'll be extra good starting tomorrow and get off whatever I put back on...

Hope you are ding well, everyone I know seems to be sick..

Bill

GNCLCGirl Sun, Feb-22-04 20:16

Im glad you had a good time. that is what counts. Yes, I am sick just a cold. Natures Way has tortilla shells that i like and mini cheescakes. I found carb control products at acme and the bbq sauce was really good. I stopped drinking my red bulls and lost about 4 lbs, Glad to hear from you. Let me know what products you find and that you like. i will check out Gunenardi's

Billj Sun, Mar-14-04 16:06

Hi Anna,

Sorry I haven't written for a while. I found a couple new things I wanted to tell you about. One is a sugar free hard candy. I know you can get them anywhere, but I love watermelon flavor and they have that one. The other is a shortbread cookie. I love cookies and had one or two that I found somewhat acceptable until now. There short bread cookies are so good, there isn't even a hint they are low carb in my opinion. Both of these items can be found at:

http://www.lowcarbdieters.com/lowcarbchef.htm

As with anything good, the cookies are expensive. But there are worth it.

Speaking of cookies, I found another that is good as well. They are the low carb equivelent of Oreo's. Made by Carbolite with the carborite label. I found em at:

http://www.carborite.com/

These wouldn't compare, side by side, with Oreo's, but nothing is going to compare with an Oreo which probably has 15 carbs per cookie... They are really good.

I tried a Pizza from the Low Carb Chef, the maker of those shortbread cookies. I was once agan disappointed. I have not had a low carb pizza yey, and I've tried a lot. I love pizza and wish I could find one I like. I wrote to makers of Boboli (that doesn't look speeled right), but never heard anything.

That's all I have for now.

Hope you are doing well.

Bill

nomosketti Sun, Mar-14-04 19:40

I ammmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Got sand in my shoes...Rehoboth Beach. :sunny:

Billj Mon, Mar-15-04 06:33

Hello Nomo,

It took me a minute or two to figure out your name, but it's early in the AM though...

Welcome to our discussion. It's just been Anna and myself sharing some food ideas. We'd welcome your input.

How long have you been low carbing?

Bill

nomosketti Fri, Mar-19-04 10:41

hi Bill and Anna, I'm Melanie. I've been low carb since June of 03. how about you? My hubby and my son are with me on this. My house has lost about 130 pounds. :Party: I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply but I'm home on med leave from surgery and I've been on and off drugs for a while...lol.

So tell me about Delaware's Trader Joe's. Would it be worth the drive?

Thanks in advance, Mel