Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Not drinking enough water? How about a challenge? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=148232)

GabrielleG Tue, Nov-11-03 14:45

Not drinking enough water? How about a challenge?

I'm told that you should take your body weight, divided that in half, and drink that number in ounces per day. Up until recently, I crowed with glee if I even did the generally recommended 64 oz's per day. I seem to be doing well on other challenges, so I was wondering if anyone else was up for joining me in this one? I would like to drink a minimum of 103 oz of water for six week to see if it makes a big difference in weight loss. Hopefuly by then it will have become a WOL.

Gabrielle

GabrielleG Wed, Nov-12-03 10:55

No one else needs a little push to drink more water? Yesterday I choked down 7 bottles
so:

11/11/03= 112+ oz

Gabrielle

goodgame Wed, Nov-12-03 11:04

I will go for it with ya. It will mean me drinking like 159 ounces a day for a bit, but I am already doing like 120ish. Sounds good... 6 weeks eh? hmmm....

Paulie-M Wed, Nov-12-03 11:06

I'll give it a go for the next week, but then I'm off to India for 3 weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up there too.

GabrielleG Wed, Nov-12-03 12:14

Awsome thanks for joining me folks. I'm trying for six mostly because I want to see what i'll be at on my 32 birthday. Regardless I'm feeling better then I did on my 31st. If I do it for six weeks I know it will become a habit.

sjkling Wed, Nov-12-03 12:24

this helps me out a lot....i fill a 64 oz jug to the brim and keep it nearby....it must be finished by the end of the day! i also drink other water during the day and i consider that all bonus--but i can't go to sleep until that jug is empty! it's good motivation to finish it early--that way i don't have to be up all night long!

thenewme Wed, Nov-12-03 13:29

I'm in...I'm in...I'm in. I love water!! ..,... so this should be real easy for me.... I drink plenty of it everday .... at my work they have water coolers all over so I fill up my 48oz... and drink away. I will say for those who are just trying it out... IT WORKS!! I used to drink about 2 or 3 sodas a day (a big no no) and now it will be a year for me this January that my body has not had a soda... instead I drink water with everything. It has made a huge difference in my skin and my appearance... I feel better not to mention my metabolism is regular along with alot of weight loss these past months. I know it works. Anyways I will join you and continue to drink my water... also guys dont forget your multivitamin you need one if your drinking that much water. Later.

letsgo Wed, Nov-12-03 13:41

I'm in:( I know I need to drink more. I guess that means about 90 ounces. This would be a really good habit. But I have to make sure I get this done at work. That gives me more than enough time to, ah, well get ready for bed if you know what I mean:)

GabrielleG Wed, Nov-12-03 13:54

Good point about the multi thenewme. And letsgo I DO KNOW what you mean. I was told it gets better after your body gets used to the water. I got up about 5 times last night.

Gabrielle

rory12 Thu, Nov-13-03 10:40

I'll get in on this too...let's see, I would need about 68oz...tat seems reasonable...I guess too bad water tastes so darn bad.

GabrielleG Thu, Nov-13-03 19:43

Welcome Rory12. 68oz seems really reasonable. of course that could be because I'd rather drink that then 103 oz.

So how did everyone do yesterday? I barely made it. I was drinking water right up until I went to bed. I finally had to guzzle the last bottle and I paid for it by going to the bathroom about six times during the night. I would have liked to have drank a bit more but:

11/11/03= 112+ oz
11/12/03= 112+ oz

Gabrielle

mossygyrl Thu, Nov-13-03 23:35

hey guys i think ill join you all too. i need to figure out how much 75 oz will be. i hope it doesnt kill me! i am wondering, do you all think i would need to drink even more than half my weight if im taking in caffeine which i am sure dehydrates you and taxes your liver (kidneys? wow, so long since bio) and all that bad stuff ?

have you guys noticed a difference with regards to weight loss and water intake?

i hear the whoosh fairy is tied in pretty closely with the water goddesses.

thanks!
mossygyrl

GabrielleG Fri, Nov-14-03 21:01

Hey mossygyrl.,

I noticed that I dropped like 6 pounds last week but I'm not sure if it was just the water. I regulated salt and got rid of the diet cokes all together. Yesterday I did well with the water but today I'm not. It's 7:30 and i'm only at 58 oz.

11/11/03= 112+ oz
11/12/03= 112+ oz
11/13/03=116+ 0z

Gabrielle

jaybird Sat, Nov-15-03 19:30

I'll join you guys! I really am sporadic on my water intake. Somedays I'll think about it and drink a lot and other days I don't. Let's see, I would need to drink about 104oz of water. 104oz/8oz = 13 1/2 cups of water. Another thing I've heard is that you should drink 1 quart (4 cups) of water for every 50lbs of body weight. In that case I would need to drink 16 cups of water...I will at least go for the 13 cups.
Today I have had three cups of water so far..and it's almost 9pm. Well, I'm gonna be up for a while I might as well go for it. Off the kitchen I go....

GabrielleG Sat, Nov-15-03 19:49

[QUOTE=jaybird]Another thing I've heard is that you should drink 1 quart (4 cups) of water for every 50lbs of body weight. In that case I would need to drink 16 cups of water...QUOTE]

Aww man don't tell me that LOL. I already feel like I'm sloshing when I walk. I didn't make the water yesterday. Basicaly I started drinking pretty late and could never pick it back up. Worst part is I was still getting up all night. Today will be much better I'm already past the 80 oz of yesterday. BTW welcome Jaybird and everyone else thats joined us. At least I know im not the only one that hasn't been drinking their water.

11/11/03= 112+ oz
11/12/03= 112+ oz
11/13/03=116+ oz
11/14/03=80 + oz

Gabrielle