Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   is this really so "awful" (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=181514)

NOGAINHERE Thu, Apr-29-04 17:21

is this really so "awful"

I like vanilla IC - I don't care for the Blue Bunny LC, but it has like 2 net carbs right? so If I mix one cup of it w/ 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree - is that so awful to eat? I know the pumpk,in is good for me, but plain I can't do.

OR
I'm freezing right now the base to make my own IC I have 2 cups of heavy cream to mix w/ my pumpkin and splenda - which do you think?

blue4lemon Thu, Apr-29-04 17:42

IC- do you mean ice cream?

NOGAINHERE Thu, Apr-29-04 19:48

yea, I'm sorry, Ice cream. I love carb smart but it's 4 carbs per 1/2 cup - i need a whole cup ;)

blue4lemon Thu, Apr-29-04 19:56

Well, there are other brands. I like Mayfields Less Carbs and Carb Solutions, they both have 3g per cup.

You could always have 3/4 a cup and make a "frostie" with a little added water. I do it all the time and its not runny.

LilaCotton Thu, Apr-29-04 20:36

Considering I love pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin ice cream, I think that sounds great! Pumpkin is low-carb and vitamin-packed. :) There's a recipe, I believe in the recipe forum, for Atkins LC Pumpkin cheesecake. It uses a crust made of nuts and is absolutely scrumptious! We made two for Christmas, and they didn't last very long--even among the non-low-carbers, LOL.

Bandito Thu, Apr-29-04 22:16

On several occasions, I have made SF pumpkin pie W/O the shell. Very tasty. I don't see what the big deal would be. Pumpkin is good for you. As with everything, eat in moderation.

NOGAINHERE Fri, Apr-30-04 04:47

The problem is I want to have this everyday! Pumpkin is sucha good thing! :) I make the pieless SF pumpkin pie too. and pumpkin CC but I don't care for CC as much.

I make awesome high carb CC and anything w/o all those extras just doesn't cut it for me.

niudog Fri, Apr-30-04 06:12

I wonder how it would taste if you mixed some pumpkin puree into the mock danish recipe. I think it would be good with some nutmeg and cinnamon.

MrEWorm Fri, Apr-30-04 06:27

I have stopped eating the low carb ice cream. It triggered my sweet tooth and I was getting all my carbs from this and low carb bars while skipping salads and veggies.

Bandito Fri, Apr-30-04 09:12

I have craved cirtain foods pretty bad before. As long as it was not terribe for me, I ate it. I know, I know, moderation is key, but in these cirtain instances with a begnine food like pumpkin, I then would say go for it. When cirtain foods come in season, and they are cheap (I know its probably canned, but work with me), we buy more and eat more of it. I know this is a huge justifacation. Just work it into your daily food parameters. You are at goal, aren't you? At pre/maintenence, or any level for that matter, we tend to eat the same foods all the time, like eggs for instance. It is induvidual since we modefy the diet around OUR likes. And look at the bright side, after a while you will be all pumkined out.....

HTH

Elsah Fri, Apr-30-04 09:27

There are lots of pumpkin mousse recipes. I bet they would be a good alternative. (you could probably freeze them slightly as well to give them a soft serve ice cream texture.) But looking at your stats, your at goal weight so if it's not making you put the pounds back on I say go for it.

Jenn

NOGAINHERE Fri, Apr-30-04 10:49

well I'm up about 5-6 pounds right now :( but it's not the IC -

Bandito Fri, Apr-30-04 13:05

Water from extra carbs maybe? That happens tome on my higher days. If I eat at lower levels for the next 3 days, I go back to "normal".