Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   3 day stall (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=140412)

JOJORGEN Wed, Oct-01-03 06:26

3 day stall

Drank this weekend. Causes stalls right? Least I'm not gaining.

Lori H Wed, Oct-01-03 08:46

It's not really a stall but your body will use the alcohol before it starts using fat again. It will be fine before you know it.

Linda lou Wed, Oct-01-03 08:51

take it easy on your self one doesn't gain weight all that easy nor find a new life style in a week or two. I know that from where I am I just feel better not having all the junk in my life. I still keep praying that cheesies will become a low carb food group!! Hugs to you on your road to glory!!!

JOJORGEN Wed, Oct-01-03 08:54

Thanks to both of you. Think I'm having a bigger crisis than my diet. Major crush on hubbys best friend. Doesn't help any.

jaykay Wed, Oct-01-03 12:56

Gulp, that's got potential for disaster!
Got a bit 'distracted' from my DH once, only in my head, but that's where it starts.
Made myself do a daily list of his good points, actively banned myself from thinking about anyone else and also made myself be extra loving to my DH.
It worked - I was once told that love is a verb not a noun - ie it starts with what you do, not what you feel, the feelings follow.
Well they did with me anyway and I'm very happy with my darling DH. Sure there are better looking and more 'charming' men out there - but he's got qualities they'll never have.

Hope you find a happy way through - take care, Jay

barryg9999 Wed, Oct-01-03 20:11

Also, you should think about getting away from the scale. You should be weighing yourself only once a week. Any more can be destructive and you start becoming a slave to the scale.

mcse13 Thu, Oct-02-03 07:43

Good advice about only weighing in once a week. I used to weigh everyday sometimes a couple of times a day and it can really be more frustrating than anything. Keep up the good work and try and forget about his best friend...that can not be a good thing.

JOJORGEN Thu, Oct-02-03 12:10

The best friend and I talked. WE ARE just friends. Nothing will come of it. I love my hubby. And as for the scale, once a week, I'll try.

jaykay Thu, Oct-02-03 13:19

Well done Jo!
As for the scale - I do jump on mine every day but I've resolved that its not going to control my mood for the day - I choose that, whatever the scale says. Depends how you are - some folk can stay away from the scale for a week, some like me, need it every day. The big thing is not to get hung up about tiny weight fluctuations - they happen for all sorts of reasons. Do the right things and the weight will come off, slowly but surely.
All the best, Jay

Destinie Thu, Oct-02-03 13:23

Does anyone know how long it would take for your body to actually burn the alchohol and get onto burning the fat?? Just wondering..we tailgate every weekend and it's really hard not to drink, when everyone else around you is! Talk about peer pressure!!

Parrot Thu, Oct-02-03 14:23

Well this is just my 2 cents but...I have several beers every weekend. I have switched from Coors lite to Mich ultra (begrudgingly) and i haven't noticed a "slow down" in my weight loss. I even drank a few during induction because of a reunion (but i didn't eat poorly) and then got right back into induction. I have been on the A. diet for 7 weeks and I have gone from 200 lbs to 185 and lost 3 inches. I don't worry about the beer and if I did drink liquor that wouldn't worry me any either. Just don't get looped and go for the tortillas and beans!

I am not a carb counter. I just watch what I eat and I know what has and what doesn't have carbs and stick to that. In fact, I may still be in the induction phase as I don't hardly eat that many foods with carbs. I would be suprised if I eat over 30 grms per day on average.

Moral to the story, have fun and be safe. don't let the alchohol worry you.

parrot

woolina Thu, Oct-02-03 14:27

I didn't drink during induction, but we have freinds in a band and go see them almost every weekend. Ya know, moral support and all. I switched to Mich ultra and count them with my daily carbs (2.6 per 12 oz bottle) Track them and if you do notice a stall, you may have to give it up till you get where you want to be.

Kathy54 Thu, Oct-02-03 21:46

Quote:
The best friend and I talked. WE ARE just friends.

Well I hope so, cause I got to tell you, last night I just heard about yet another so called best friend taking off with his wife/ husband, I now need to use both hands to count how many times that has happened with people we know :cry:

Kathy

JOJORGEN Sat, Oct-04-03 07:41

Thanks for all the talk. Friend and I talked it over it would be sooo hurtful to everyone involved if we hooked up. By the way Vodka and Diet Rite Straw/Kwi is good together.

MaryToU Mon, Oct-06-03 06:30

I would just like to say that a three day stall is really nothing. You won't lose weight everyday, not even every week. You are setting yourself up to high if you think so. Just keep plotting along and try not to pay to much attention to the daily numbers on the scale. Even worst there are days when you go up a pound or more! This too in normal. Now if you want to complain about a stall, I am finally coming of a 2 month stall! I would gladly take a three day one over that! :lol: