Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Bad Breath/sweat ect (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=111639)

LadyBelle Thu, Jun-05-03 23:20

Bad Breath/sweat ect

I follow the eating plan, am losing weight, and show pink to purple on the testing strips each morning. i don't think I have bad breath though, at least no one has mentioned it, and my so probably would. If not the 3 year old might, they can be overly honest at that age. I have also not noticed any difference in sweat or urine order. When I do exercise I sweat easy and feel like there is a fire ball inside me of energy, I get alot warmer in my core areas, which before ment I was losing weight. While my urine doesn't smell bad, I have to go a ton more, but that is more because of all the water I drink.

Could the water be keeping the bad breath at bay? Am I not in keitosis after all, or can you be in it with out the negative odar side effects?

Frederick Thu, Jun-05-03 23:26

You're disconcerted over being seemingly spared the bad breath and various foul odor LC side-effects? LOL

I think if you continue to progress towards your goals, you should thank whatever or whoever that mandated fate spare you the infamous "ketones" breath.

LadyBelle Fri, Jun-06-03 06:14

My fear is I will get it and no one will bother to tell me :P as bad as everyone is making it sound though, I will probably notice it on my own.

RickinTN Fri, Jun-06-03 06:19

I haven't had any of these either. I have even held my hand over my breath and couldn't smell anything. I have had a slight metal taste in my mouth two times. But, that may be where I am on a blood thinner.

I haven't smelled it in my urine either. My wife said she thought she did in hers yesterday. But, my urine is a bright florecent yellow! I don't know if that is from the vitamins or maybe it is the fat washing out. It has just turned the florecent color since I started this diet and started the vitamins.

Oh boy, here I am discussing the color of my urine :blush:

whyspers Fri, Jun-06-03 06:34

Hon, let me tell you...if you get it, you won't need anyone to tell you...lol. You will absolutely without doubt know it. There is a metallic like taste you will get and dragon's breath is the only way I can think of to put it. If you don't notice that, then don't worry about it because other people likely aren't noticing it either.

L

doroshjt Fri, Jun-06-03 06:38

RickTN,

To continue your urine discussion, If you have bright yellow, I think that means you have lots of sodium in your system that is getting flushed out. I could be wrong, but thats what I've noticed with my eating/peeing paterns. Try drinking more water. At work, cause I'm lazy and don't feel like working. I drink tons of water to go to the bathroom and get my urine clear. On atkins I've noticed its very hard, I guess its from continously buring fat and flushing it out of my system:)

Sorry if this is getting a little gross for some :p

John

RickinTN Fri, Jun-06-03 06:41

I actually drink 1 gallon and 1 quart of water a day. I don't think I should drink anymore :LOL:

doroshjt Fri, Jun-06-03 06:43

Man, you must just have tons to flush out of your system. Can only be good for you, keep it up.

John

whyspers Fri, Jun-06-03 06:54

Rick, it is probably the supplements. When I miss mine, I definately notice a difference (does everyone look at their pee??? geez) When I've taken my supplements, neon would describe it appropriately...lol.

L

abbey Fri, Jun-06-03 07:27

Bright fluro yellow urine is from Vit B. I've never hard it it happening from excess sodium, but it's possible (though unlikely). I set myself a personal challenge every day to get it to turn clear again after taking my Vit B's :) It's one way to fuel my competitive spirit AND make sure I get lots of water.

I have noticed that my sweat smells more, but it never used to have any scent at all, so I probably smell "normal" now and my breath only I can notice and it's more a bad taste in my mouth than anything else.