Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Chocolate Bar, Pure DeLite (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=95735)

RealityS Mon, Mar-31-03 16:11

Chocolate bar

Pure De-lite chocolate bar, only 1.1 gr carb for a 38gr bar (173 cal).

:yum: it's dark chocolate, actually tastes like chocolate, none of that nasty aftertaste.

found them at Choices, $2.49 each (!).

they have milk chocolate ones too, with flavours (almond, mint, orange) but they're about 3.5gr per bar (the milk solids, one assumes).

jkiter Mon, Mar-31-03 16:29

I think they are 96 cents at Wal-Mart if you have one of those around.

Jeff

Thalie Mon, Mar-31-03 16:41

Yes 96 cents à Walmart Super Center! :)

You're right, they're very good!

2bfree Mon, Mar-31-03 17:35

Hey ya'll

I'm gonna try the pure delights. I'm kinda hesitant cause I don't know how I will react from one bar to the next

However, I did try the new chocolate bar by Carbdelite(i think) called At Last. Oh my, they are so good. Splenda sweetened and they use something else besides maltitol called Eurythrilite or something like that. Didn't have any unpleasant after effects :clap:.

Take care,
Grace :sunny:

paradise Mon, Mar-31-03 17:45

No Wal-Marts Near Me

Wow, 96 cents a bar? There are no Wal-Marts near me, so I have to settle for $1.23 a bar from vitaglo.com.

saski Mon, Mar-31-03 17:59

I don't eat chocolate, but my husband does and he loves this chocolate. I consider this high praise indeed since he English and very snobby about his chocolate. :rolleyes:

They also have them in small, one bite sized servings and truffles, but we haven't seen these at Walmart.

sharann Mon, Mar-31-03 20:12

The Pure-de-lite WHITE Chocolate bars are great too!!!!

Livvy Fri, Apr-04-03 09:51

If it makes you feel any better, my 96 cent bars at the Walmart are smaller than the ones I get for $1.50 -$1.90 online and at GNC, etc. :) If you like the bars, you HAVE to try the truffles. Two of the GNCs in my area carry them -- the Hazelnut are sooo good, and the peanut butter are great too. You can ask GNC to order them. We have one GNC in my area that stocks several shelves of low carb products -- Walden's, Keto, Atkins, Asher's, etc. All the other GNCs in my area (we have 4) don't carry much, but request things so managers know that's what we want. :)

Best wishes,

Liv

gladehaven Fri, Apr-04-03 10:14

OOh I love these.

I am a chocaholic from the word go and it's the one thing that I didn't know how I was going to give it up, and now I don't, thanks to these babies!

nitrovixen Sun, Apr-06-03 22:19

mmm! These are great! when I'm craving sweets i take a spoonful of peanut butter and plop a square or two in the middle and I'm in peanut butter cup heaven! :yum:

shama Sun, Apr-06-03 22:48

I know I couldnt believe it they were so good, they tasted like the real thing! I dont feel deprived at all. Thanks pure delight, P.S. I get them at Walmart too! Cant beat the price! :wave: :wave:

mommyto3 Tue, Apr-08-03 13:24

Do these cause a stall in weightloss? The Atkins bars killed my progress when I tried them. I'm back on induction (after veering off course) but after induction, can I 'safely' eat these? Any hidden carbs?

Thanks (fingers crossed! I want chocolate!!) :D

nitrovixen Tue, Apr-08-03 15:05

I would definitely not eat these on induction...
they may say 1 carb but they can cause a stall if you are sensitive (I am)

Sheri

ps- everything causes me too to stall though... :(

mommyto3 Tue, Apr-08-03 18:28

No, I wouldn't dream of eating them until after induction. At that point, are they safe to eat every now and then (like a couple of times/week) or would that cause a stall as well?

Thanks,

VickyRenee Tue, Apr-08-03 19:29

The Pure de-lite bars do have hidden carbs when I post it into the hidden carb counter. Like the choc mint one says something like 14 carbs per bar. I never did understand the hidden carb calculator very well, but I do use it quite often. So, that makes me afraid to eat anything with sugar alcohols.
However, I get the Pure de-lite truffles. The hidden carb calculator shows them at 4 carbs and they are just the right size for when I need chocolate. My favorite is the chocolate orange truffle.
Vicky