Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Pick me apart, please! =) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=130556)

toeie Thu, Aug-14-03 16:50

Pick me apart, please! =)

So, i got over the cheating bug, but I sat down and looked at my fitday, and i'm going over the 20 carbs =(

I dont think its totally accurate, but what can I do to balance myself? I have been trying to have a salad with tuna, or cold cuts for lunch, and meat and veggies for dinner....Is this too much veggies?

I just can't figure out a good balance........I've been looking at other peoples fit day and everything seems ok.....

Anyone who was or is around my weight, and has found a good menu that ya stick too everyday and you have been successful?

I know everyone's body works diffferently, but I had this problem last time cause i'm picky.......I'm allergic to fish and avacados, but I can eat tuna from the can, i dont like olives....I did buy some bars, although I know I shouldn't have, but I figured if I had a craving or had to run, it was better than having something bad. SO far, I have eaten 1 bar and 1 russel stovers sugar free since monday =(

Everything is pretty much listed on fitday, I have not had time to input my sutff from the boxes, so I just picked the closest from the list..... So i'm just looking for some input/good menus I can work from to be successful!!!!!!! For instance here is what I had today:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, some shredded cheddar, bacon
Lunch: ran out of lettuce, so I had a medium sized green pepper cut up, with a small cucumber and ranch dressing, and also eggsalad with 1 tbs of mayo

Dinner: 2 wendy's cheesburgers (no bun or conidments)
caesar side salad

Drinks: Water, Seltzer, diet coke...........

Fitday is listed below! Analyze me!

bostongirl Thu, Aug-14-03 16:57

I eat 2 eggs w/ bacon - maybe cut out the 3rd egg and cheese. Also - Wendy's...we're not sure what kind of filler they have in them - go for a McDonald's chicken salad - yummy!

MaryToU Thu, Aug-14-03 17:01

Are you remembering to subtract your fiber from your carb count? This can greatly lower you net carbs. And you may find you are not as off as you thought your were. :thup:

Crimson Thu, Aug-14-03 17:12

Hey Toeie,

Rough getting back into, huh. From what I've read, you are doing fine. Just watch out for the veggies. It's not the quantity you're eating that may throw you off, but your choice of veggies. Asparagus and peppers are higher in carbs then lets say Brocolli, so you'll want to keep your quantity to a minumum if you're eating veggies with higher carbs. You should consult the carb counter to see which veggies are lower in carbs. I, for example, won't have more than 3 spears of aspargus at a sitting. But I'll have a cup of brocolli. I usually include a side salad (which usual consists of spinach) and that's it for my veggies.

Also, are you remembering to subtract the fibre? From what I see, you aren't going too much over once the fibre is subtracted.

G'luck!

geo53562 Thu, Aug-14-03 17:16

Wendy's cheeseburgers are fine...just beef, no fillers. (I order mine with just mayo, no ketchup).

The two areas you may want to look at are exercise and fluids.

You don't have to kill yourself, but Atkins strongly suggests that some exercise is necessary. It gets easier as you go along.

Obviously, unless you are drinking plenty of fluids, you are not going to be able to properly clear the waste products from fat cell breakdown. Eventually you will get pretty sick as toxins build up in your kidney's and liver.

You should be drinking at least 100 oz. of water each day...that's about 13-14 8-oz. glasses. Is that what you are doing?

ladybelle2 Thu, Aug-14-03 21:28

I have starting drinking a shake for lunch- either Atkins-or the "generic" Atkins at Walmart. They are really good-and filling. And I know exactly what Im getting!!!

LovableLC Thu, Aug-14-03 21:49

Maybe try to measure the veggies with a measuring cup to see the actual amount? The last time on Atkins I lost really well and daily if not twice a day I had Wendys burgers so go for it! It takes some tweaking to get things working. Make sure your fat is high enough and maybe the amount of calories your intaking is too much not enough? Sometimes cheese stalls people. Good luck, one you get it you'll be all set!