Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   For those with serious chocolate cravings... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=27769)

SusanD Sun, Dec-16-01 20:46

For those with serious chocolate cravings...

I found a new (to me) product at the low-carb store. This is a low-carb chocolate spread made in Holland. It is callled sugar free Twist. It has 2.2 carbs per 2 tablespoons.

This morning my children had donuts and I had a mock danish made with this. My concoction was as follows:

2 T. cream cheese
2 T. Twist
a few drops of vanilla
1 beaten egg

I mixed the cream cheese and the Twist together after they had softened in the microwave for 15 seconds. I added some double strength vanilla (regular would be fine) and then the beaten egg. No additional sweetener is necessary. Microwave for 2 minutes on high.

It tastes somewhat like a brownie or chocolate cheesecake. Yum. ;)

sunshine2 Wed, Dec-26-01 09:54

Being a chocoholic, this is something I must have! Any suggestions on where to find it?

linsue Tue, Jan-01-02 20:13

chocolate

What excately is a modified carbo diet?

I don't do well on a low carb diet because I can't eat much fat. I tried those low carb bars and got sick from them..way too much fat. I don't have a gallbladder to help digest them.. I also have a reflux problem...
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I absoutely hate cheese...help

Linsue

SusanD Wed, Jan-02-02 11:11

I found the sugar-free Twist product in a low carb store in Vancouver Washington. I'm not sure if it can be found online at one of the low-carb stores, but I'd check there.

As for a modified low-carb diet, all that means is that I am not as strict about induction and remaining in keytosis. My son is diabetic and I have been trained to fear it.

Also, Linsue asked about what to eat that didn't have as much fat. I too have had gallbladder problems. It was removed 10 years ago. It has been interesting that this way of eating (including the fat content) has not been a problem for me. I was far more likely to have digestive problems before I started.
The options for lean food are still fish, chicken, lean beef and pork. The veggies are basically anything low-carb (non-starchy).

Cornick Thu, Mar-04-04 13:25

Sugar Free Twist

I bought Twist from netrition.com. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I had to have it! Now I know what to do with it! Thanks!

Kristine Sat, Mar-06-04 13:27

Linsue, have a look at Doreen's post in this thread. Too little fat can cause you as much discomfort as too much fat. :exclm: Low carb bars are not particularly high in fat - they're high in sugar alcohols, which cause discomfort for many people.

Whichever plan you choose, stick to real, unprocessed food as much as possible, and you'll probably do really well. :thup: