Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Schwarzbein Principle (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   I took a huge step today! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=60120)

EdenM Sun, Sep-08-02 18:24

I took a huge step today!

Hello again everyone,<p>It's been a while since I've posted but I keep reading and I can't even begin to tell you what an inspiration you all are :)<p>My loss has been at a good constant pace, I'm averaging about 1 lb a week now and I am extremely pleased with my progress. I feel wonderful and people are begining to comment which is always so encouraging.<p> Well today I did it! I had read how one of you ladies (please forgive me, I forget who) got rid of all her larger size clothes to force her to stay on track. Thats exactly what I did, having dropped a size I had to get into my closet and dig for those smaller clothes. It felt so good I just had to throw those 16's into a bag and be done with them. Off to the Salvation Army!<p>But then later it hit me...my safety net was gone. It's a bit scary, what if I can't do this for the long haul? I know, one day at a time . It has just been so easy, almost too good to be true and I'm waiting for the bubble to burst!<p>Only time will tell, now I'm looking forward to the day when I can pack these 14's and send them on there way, I haven't been a size 12 since College! I am so greatful for this site and the wonderful people here , sending hugs to all who need them :rheart: <p>Eden

lisaf Sun, Sep-08-02 19:30

Congratulations Eden!

I remember when I moved in April I packed up tons of jeans (I had every size under the sun) and sent em off to Goodwill in a big garbage bag...its a great/scary feeling!

Lisa

JudyAH Sun, Sep-08-02 22:05

You guys have inspired me. Tomorrow all the clothes that are too big have got to go. THanks

slimchance Sun, Sep-08-02 22:50

Hello fellow NBer!! :wave:

Actually I'm in NS now going to school, but NB will always be my home. :)

Congrats on ditching the clothes you would never wear again anyways!! :thup: I just did the same thing this week. I moved into a new apartment and just didn't have the room. I figure that if I don't wear the bigger sizes anymore, there's no sense in wasting valuable closet space with them! Besides, I am a student and can't afford to go buying new clothes, so getting rid of them leaves me no choice but to stay on track! :D

The salvation army must just love me after the haul they made off with! :)

All the best,

KC :daze:

TheBetty Mon, Sep-09-02 12:25

Don't be freaked!

You did the right thing! :) You are not only gonna NEVER be back into that old size, but you're gonna need to buy some SIZE 9s in the near future!!! :cheer:

Okay, I'll admit, I didn't have the nerve to donate my now-too-large outfits, but only b/c I had paid a lot of money for some gorgeous boutique dresses. When I was a size 5-6X, it was really hard for me to find reasonably priced natural fiber clothing. I didn't wear pants, they were too uncomfortable for me. So I was forced to pay big bucks for the lovely clothes I took pride in wearing.

So, to "rid" myself of the too large clothing, I took them all to a wonderfully talented dressmaker who is altering them to fit me again!
:yay:

Some of the items I had never even worn! But when I tried them back on a month ago, they were way too big. :eek: :lol: and :thup:

One drop dead gorgeous 2-piece outfit was nearly $200, and I just couldn't stomach donating it. It's worth the $45 that it's going to cost to have it completely reworked into a brand new outfit that I will enjoy for the next few months.

Furthermore, I still can't believe what a HUGE difference losing 34 pounds has made in my size. NEVER in my life have I lost such a small amount of weight that has shown on me so much. Truly a testimony to how much FAT a lo carb WOL can burn off. :D

Of course, I wouldn't consider altering a $15 pair of jeans. :lol:

EdenM Tue, Sep-10-02 16:42

Lisa~ Thanks so much for the encouragement, I really appreciate it<p>Judy~ All I can say is go for it!!<p>KC~ Hi! I think I saw in another post that you are from Moncton, I'm from Miramichi..it's great to meet you. I only cringed for a moment when I got rid of those clothes, for some reason I'm sure I will do it this time :)<p>Betty~ A size 9!!! Oh my, you know what ..that thought had never even entered my mind. My whole adult life I have never been a size 9. Is that possibe..LOL..I would just be so happy to get into that college size 12 again!<p> I know exactly what you mean about holding on to those favorite things and having them altered, my mom is a seamstress and there are a few outfits that I kept so that they could be taken in. Betty, I have to say that I enjoy so much reading your posts. You are always so kind and helpful to anyone who askes for advise and I've learned a great deal from you here :heart: <p>Take care and have a great day<br>Eden