Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What I WONT miss (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=167938)

~honeybee~ Thu, Feb-19-04 08:11

What I WONT miss

what I wont miss about carrying all this extra weight...(feel free to add to my list!!)

-always being hot
-constantly tugging at my clothes
-feeling uncomfortable all the time
-wearing sweats and big t shirts all the time
-feeling that fashion is not fun, just camaflage.

vbrowne Thu, Feb-19-04 08:20

sore knees and out of breath too.

Vik

Hilary M Thu, Feb-19-04 08:20

What I don't/won't miss:

- that I-must-have-a-nap-now feeling every day
- red marks where my too-tight jeans cut into my "waist"
- shelling out tons of cash for decent bras in my size
- losing my breath after walking up a short flight of stairs
- Lane Bryant

NYorker Thu, Feb-19-04 08:59

Polyester tunics at Avenue!
Waking up at 3 a.m. with heartburn.
Raising the arm on airline seats.

JeannieM Thu, Feb-19-04 09:03

I won't miss feeling uncomfortable being naked in front of my husband.

I won't miss trying on last summer's shorts and realizing that I have to buy ALL new shorts.

I won't miss those rolls of fat on my back.

I won't miss my husband's snoring (which has STOPPED since he started LC'ing!!)

Jeannie

Katyspice Thu, Feb-19-04 09:06

What I won't miss -

1. That horrible "burn" (chafing) on the inside of my legs from my thighs rubbing together. :cry:

2. Having to shop in a completely different store from my sisters (ala LB) :D

3. Spending $/€ 20 on popcorn, etc at the movies - cha-ching!! :clap:

4. Having people tell me I have a "pretty face" - like the rest of me doesn't exist! :mad:

5. Yep, constipation is , well, is not nice - but making a "mad dash" to the ladies at 9:15 every morning to ahem "vanish" is really not fun and/or pretty. :eek:

6. Getting that "look" from people when they are not sure if my "beach ball" is a baby or blubber.. :blush:

AzureMoon Thu, Feb-19-04 09:07

What I don't miss:

- Looks of disgust from total strangers.
- Worrying if my fat behind is going to fit in the airline seat. Also, worrying if this is the time I'll need to ask for a seat belt extension.
- Acid reflux and gas from eating carbs.
- Food comas from eating big meals laden with too many carbs.
- Worrying if I'll be able to fit into a booth at a restaurant.
- Not having a waist.
- Dropping food and having it land on my bosom. Now I've got a lap to drop food on! :)
- Tugging on the car seat belt to get it to fit and stay in the correct position.
- Not having to turn our pillowtop mattress every month because I was making lumps in it from my bulk.
- Turning sideways in the shower so the plastic liner didn't stick to me.

'Nuff for now....

Cheers, y'all!

Jaded Thu, Feb-19-04 09:15

* the "fat" pictures.... maybe I will like having my picture taken (well maybe not but at least I will look ok in them)

* no energy.....it will be nice to have the energy to get off the couch and play with my 2 kids

* the looks when I'm with hubby ... it'll be great standing beside him (he's well built and in shape) and wearing nice clothes not some slobby "fat" clothes

* the t-shirt over the bathing suit thing at the beach.....maybe someday I won't feel like I stick out compared to everyone else

AzureMoon Thu, Feb-19-04 09:15

Forgot one I really don't miss:

Having to scoot to the edge of the seat and put one or more hands down to boost myself out of a chair/sofa/seat.

Jen7416 Thu, Feb-19-04 09:17

I won't miss being uncomfortable in my own skin, what a horrible way to live!

I won't miss wearing pants on the golf course in the summer because I'm too ashamed to wear shorts!

I won't miss wearing all of my pants out on the inside of the thighs from them rubbing together!

I won't miss knowing that I weighed 135lbs more than my husband!!!

I won't miss all of the "fat" clothes that I gave to a friend, I had to get them out of the house for good. I don't want a fall back crutch!

I won't miss thinking "man, if I could just lose some weight"!!

Mostly...I won't miss Lane Bryant and the Avenue. I hate the way they overprice everything just because it's bigger!

Tess M Thu, Feb-19-04 09:25

Needing a bra with a cups in the back (as well as cups in the front, of course) to support my rolls...
Not having the back seam of my jeans cut into my tailbone all day, because my belly was taking up all the allowed room..
And once again--tunic tops! I will never wear another tunic top. I've had my fill.
Most of all--I don't ever want to hear my grandson (6 yrs old) again tell me that I have the biggest bottom of anyone he's knows..

scorpio381 Thu, Feb-19-04 09:27

I don't/won't miss that "uncomfortable, snug" feeling in the crotch of my pants. 'Nuff said....

kstornado Thu, Feb-19-04 09:44

What I won't miss.....

- Bending over to tie my shoes and my face turning beet red from lack of oxygen!
- Sore hips from laying in bed, cause the rest of my body was squishing me!
- Major heartburn every night!
- Not having enough energy at the end of the day to even cook dinner.let alone anything else!
- Being HUNGRY all the time.

I'm lovin' this WOE!!!!!!!!

hislady Thu, Feb-19-04 09:44

I won't miss

feeling stuffed into my clothes
wearing a size that doesn't quite fit because I'm in denial
being disgusted with myself
calling out of town family and having them ask the question " Are you still BIG"
cellulite everywhere
Not being able to wear what I like
Trying on boots that fit my feet but won't go over my calves

Okay that's it for now

christirox Thu, Feb-19-04 09:45

-Having to buy new jeans all the time because I've burned holes in the thigh area from repeated rubbing while walking.

-The snide "What's HE doing with her?!?!" looks I get when I'm out with my beautiful bf.

-Feeling defeated