Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   First Time Writer (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=25292)

gigi Sun, Nov-11-01 17:36

First Time Writer

I have been doing Atkins for 50 days now and have only lost a few pounds. I have never cheated however I do eat out a lot and am not always sure what is in the sauces or salad dressings. Tomorrow I am going to try the macadamia nut/cream cheese suggested by Dr. Atkins. I must say I feel a lot better, have a lot more energy, and look a little better too. In June I weighed 205, in September 196 and today 188. Any body have any advice for me? I love reading the posts. :)
:)

Karen Sun, Nov-11-01 19:15

Hi gigi,

I moved your post to the Introduction Forum, since it's your first post.

Can you give us some idea of your daily menu, including how much water you drink?

I too, have problems when I eat out a lot. I think it may to do with the wide variety of food that you can eat in a restaurant and rarely eat at home. There may not be hidden carbs, but I have a hunch that it slows you down to have a wide variety of proteins in your system at once.

Karen

gwilson38 Sun, Nov-11-01 20:28

welcome gigi

This is a great place for info and support. When I have eaten out I usually stick with broiled meats, ceasar salads no crutons, deep fried chicken wings or pork ribs that dont have the sauces on them. I do have most of my meals at home so it is easier for me to control. There are many recipes on here so U should be able to find lots to eat. Good luck with this new way of life, its sounds like U are on the right track.

Marlaine Sun, Nov-11-01 21:46

Slows you down?

Quote:
I have a hunch that it slows you down to have a wide variety of proteins in your system at once.

Karen

Karen...

Could you explain this please? Are you saying that eating eggs, cheese, fish and beef in a single day slows you? I'm curious...

Marlaine

Ka3n Sun, Nov-11-01 22:31

Yeah Karen, I was going to ask what Marlaine just asked you. That's very intersting. It's easier in the kitchen,too I might add. :)

gigi Mon, Nov-12-01 12:22

variety of proteins

Hi, Thanks for your welcomes. I was also wondering if it is not a good idea to vary my menu too much during the day.

My typical day is

Breakfast--sausage and cheese omelette or high protein drink

Lunch--salad with hamburger patty and cheese

Dinner--Salad with steak or chicken or fish or hamburger

I also have been eating a lot of cheese for snacks and sometimes those high protein, low carb bars which I just read are not a good idea.

I drink 80-100 oz. of water a day.

Any new advice? Do you think I should do a one day fast?
Do you think I should do the macadamia nut/cream cheese deal that Atkins talks about in his book?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Whiplash Mon, Nov-12-01 14:20

gigi many resaurants use MSG it may slow you down

Also you may want to cut back on the cheese.

gigi Mon, Nov-12-01 16:20

Hello Whiplash

It looks like you and I are about at the same place right now. Maybe we could help each other out.

Where do you live in New Jersey? I have a son in Madison. He works in Newark.

How many days have you been doing atkins?

Gigi