Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Salad dressing?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=137855)

ThinnerMe Wed, Sep-17-03 20:28

Salad dressing??

I am looking for ranch dressing that I can have on Induction. Store bought, not home made.

Any ideas?? :p

doreen T Thu, Sep-18-03 04:59

hi there,

Most commercial brands of full-fat ranch dressing are suitably low in carbs. Remember the Rules of Induction are that salad dressing is permitted as long as there's no more than 1 - 2g carbs per serving.

Avoid low-fat and light type dressings .. these will have extra carbs added to make up for the missing fat. 7 - 10g or more per serving!!

hth,

Doreen

filmlass23 Thu, Sep-18-03 05:27

I like Wishbone's Garlic Ranch... mmm... :) If you want a good vinegrette, get Paul Newman's Family Recipe Italian or make some Good Season's Italian in a carafe... both are really yummy.

dieffen Thu, Sep-18-03 06:02

i have dressing everyday. i have Kraft, full fat, full calories, low carb ranch dressing. very good with minimal side effects... you can check on my fit day.

serrelind Thu, Sep-18-03 06:03

When you don't have access to any, just reach for a bottle of olive oil :) I keep a bottle at home, in car, and at work just in case.

Cody21 Thu, Sep-18-03 06:19

I know this does not answer your question about the French Dressing but this seemed like a good place to let you know about a dressing I use at work.

I keep a bottle of Newmans' Own Olive Oil and Vinegar in my drawer at work. It does not require refridgeration after opening so it is perfect for the office space :yay:

No idea about French though. You could always mix a Ranch dressing with a little vinegarette to make your own french. Might be worth trying to come up with your own unique taste :roll:

Cody

siara28 Thu, Sep-18-03 07:05

I also use FULL FAT Kraft Ranch, it has never hindered my weight loss at all.
Heidi

HogarthNH Thu, Sep-18-03 07:18

Nothing -- I mean NOTHING -- can beat Marie's Super Premium Blue Cheese. Look for it in the produce section.

I -adore- it. It is delicious, -extremely- low in carbs, and has plenty of good dietary fat.

It's thick, so you can also use it for a dip for hot wings or pork rinds.

It cannot be beat.

swtdrae Thu, Sep-18-03 07:22

Hidden Valley Ranch has 1 gr. per 2 Tlbs.

ThinnerMe Thu, Sep-18-03 09:25

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I am still trying to get used to what I can eat and what I can't....but it's getting easier. One problem is I am not getting enough calories a day but I'm working on that. :yay:

amy576 Thu, Sep-18-03 17:07

I use Marie's Creamy Ranch (in your produce section) it has 1g per serving. I also use Marie's Chunky Bleu Cheese on chicken wings...YUMMY! & that says no carbs (but I count it as 1).

~Amy

ImHere Thu, Sep-18-03 17:11

That Marie sure knows how to make a great dressing ... and LC! :)

lynneuk Thu, Sep-18-03 17:19

Maries Creamy Italian Garlic is the best!! Only 1g of carbs in 2 TBspoons and no sugar. Can't be beat!

lauracat28 Thu, Sep-18-03 22:07

I love the kraft full of fat 3 cheese dressing and also the rach with bacon. the hiden valleys not as bad with bacon

Jen-Ai Sat, Sep-27-03 10:04

I've tried them ALL and my all time favorite is Wal-marts (don't laugh) Great Value brand Caesar. 0 carbs per 2T serving according to the label. The price can't be beat at around $1.29 here in Texas.

Jen-Ai