Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Coffee??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=60724)

Abbi Thu, Sep-12-02 06:44

Coffee???

Can you tell me how bad a cappuccino is on Induction?

Thanks
Abbi

:rolleyes:

AngelaR Thu, Sep-12-02 10:20

ooops..better drink lots of water. According to the Netzer book of carb counts, it's anywhere from 27 to 39 grams of carbs, no fiber for an 8 oz cup.

So, if you had some, put it behind you, forget it, and keep on going. It was just one cup. Drink more water today, and you'll be back on track. No need for fretting or beating yourself up over it.

If you didn't have some, aren't you glad you asked?

Abbi Thu, Sep-12-02 13:22

ARRRRRRRRRRRRR

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yes I had one, feel really guilty now :( It was lovely though!!!

I am drinking anout 1.5 L of water a day so will try and do more tomorrow and deffo stick well away from the cappa!!!

Thanks for help

Abbi

:daze:

AngelaR Thu, Sep-12-02 14:06

No need to feel guilty Abbi. At the beginning, we all put things in our mouths without knowing what the counts were. It's not a big deal as long as you learned something from it, and it looks like you did.

Have you discovered the carb counter here at this site? Look to the right near the bottom of the quick links list. Next time you are not sure, look in there.

One cappa is not going to ruin your progress, and there isn't a need to "start over" (I know you didn't ask that, but just wanted to share it).

Abbi Fri, Sep-13-02 01:35

Hi Angela

Many thanks for your support its really appreciated. As you say its hard at first not knowing 100% about everything.

I'll be a good girl today!

Can't wait for Monday weigh day number two!!

Abbi

Paulie-M Fri, Sep-13-02 01:44

Hi Abbi :wave:

I miss my cappa fix too. Being in the U K you may have visited a Thorntons coffee shop - you know the same people who make those lovely chocolates :daze: It just isn't the same sitting in there with a cup of decaff and "gifting" your complimentary chocolate to your size 8 friend who eats like a horse and never gains an ounce :( Still who said that life was fair, I'm sure we'll get our reward when we get on those scales. Good luck.

Abbi Fri, Sep-13-02 02:46

Hi Pauline,

Yes its very hard as I work in London and have really nice coffee shops near by! But as you say it will all be worth it in the end!

I am wanting to get to my goal weight by May next year do you think that is achievable?

Abbi

Paulie-M Fri, Sep-13-02 12:02

Hi Abbi :wave:

I was in Thorntons at lunchtime watching the cappuccinos and lattes pass by as I sat there with my decaff once more. Hey at least we can have cream in our coffee on the Atkins plan :thup: .

I've only been doing Atkins just over a couple of weeks myself, but reading the other entries on the forum, I should think that you should be able to get to your goal by May 2003. Have you got something special on then? My brother is getting married in July 2003, so I hope to get to goal by then and STAY THERE

Speak soon.

Abbi Sat, Sep-14-02 03:02

Hi Paulie

I do understand how hard it is - but I think we are doing great! I went to the pub last night after work and sat there with my diet coke!! Didn't drink a drop and had no chips with melted cheese on like I usually would!!! I was very proud of myself when I got home - and no heachace this morning - even better!!!

Keep it up!

Abbi

:wave:

Doug H Sat, Sep-14-02 09:49

Hm, you might take a look at a latte breve. Here in the states that's a shot or two of espresso with half cream, half milk. It should be ok.

Abbi Sun, Sep-15-02 03:44

Thanks Doug, will look into that.

:D

brooky Sun, Sep-15-02 08:35

OOOOHHHH COOOFFFFFEEEEE!!!!!

:wave: Oh how I hate limiting my coffee. I still have a large can of regular to get rid of and will then switch to decaf. For now, I'm limiting myself to one small cup w/ half and half at breakfast. This is only my second day on Induction but just out of curiosity, because I have taken up residence in one room of the house, I jumped on the scale this morning :cheer: 3 pounds gone down the toilet.:lol:

Paulie-M Sun, Sep-15-02 10:54

Hi Brooky :wave:

Well done on your weight loss so far :thup: . It's so encouraging when you see the pounds starting to come off isn't it? Yeah, decaf certainly isn't the same as getting your normal fix of regular coffee but I suppose it could be worse - they could say no coffee at all :eek: We bought some decaf tea bags as well. I can't drink black tea, so I have a tiny splash of milk in it.

Do you drink iced coffee? If so, how do you make yours?

Keep up the good work.