Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Legal change of name (or sex???) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=25495)

tamarian Wed, Nov-14-01 02:24

Legal change of name (or sex???)

Soon to appear in classifieds near you:

Tamarian has changed his screen name to MrTamarian!

A caring member noted how many times Tamarian gets mistaken for Tam or Tammy and suggested he changes his screen name to MrTamarian (best fit for 10 characters). So I said, "make it so, number one."

Let's face it, according to Johnny Cash, "life aint easy for a man named sue!"

You won't have to call him, Mr. (wait, Mr. T sounds nice!) but please don't call him Tammy or mistake him for a guuurl, bad things can happen, and it's not just his ego! ;)

Wa'il

fiona Wed, Nov-14-01 02:38

awwwwww!

Does that mean I have to give you a thump on the back instead of a hug? ;)

LOL!

Karen Wed, Nov-14-01 02:38

Oh, phooey!

I never thought you were a chick - from day 1, when I first saw your name on ASDLC, I new you were a guy, but I can see how it could be confusing.

Now I have to get used to MrTamarian... ;)

Who you callin' mister!

Karen

shelley Wed, Nov-14-01 03:38

you need an image like this LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:devil:

LC Sponge Wed, Nov-14-01 06:29

Nah, Wa'il - you're WAY too 'guy' in your posts for me to ever think you were a girl let alone a gurly-man. ;)

But the first time someone sees your 'name' - I could see the mistake being made.

"Mr. Tamarian" has me sitting up a little straighter at my computer :), but I still think you're cool.

A rose, by any other name....

Natrushka Wed, Nov-14-01 08:29

Welcome to the Forum, Sue ;)

Nat

doreen T Wed, Nov-14-01 09:19

No matter what the screen name says, yer always Friend to me. :heart:

However, don't expect me to call you Sir .. and you can get yer own coffee. ;)

Doreen

Ruth Wed, Nov-14-01 09:56

Mr T

I like the sound of Mr T, BUT it's a wee bit formal for such a fun-loving guy like you. Ah, you're still our Wa'il.

Toodles,

Elihnig Wed, Nov-14-01 15:58

Now we can call you "Mistah!"

(That's Mister with a Maine accent!)

Elihnig

tamarian Wed, Nov-14-01 19:54

Naaah, it's just not me. Back to old tamarian. No one ever called Tamarians as mr. Last we've heard, they were written off as non-enemies. If the federation issues a change, then I'll change.

Wa'il

LC Sponge Wed, Nov-14-01 19:59

That's ok - I understand. Every once in a while I have to try on something adorned with sequins ... then I take it off. I hope the federation stays casual. :)

Karen Wed, Nov-14-01 20:01

Hurray! You're back!

Your name can be the constant reminder that we should not assume genders in cyber-space. No? ;)

Karen

doreen T Wed, Nov-14-01 20:14

Yer still Friend, no matter what! And a total 100% testosterone macho man! Can I say that enough times??????????

By the way, I notice yer weight stats have changed .. current weight down to 280 .. Wa'il you deserve it. God bless the riddance of those asthma inhalers!!!!

Awesome :cool:

Doreen