Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   WOW, that felt great!... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=138091)

fishfish Thu, Sep-18-03 22:01

WOW, that felt great!...

I am a big believer in doing this woe for yourself, and not for others, but sometimes it sure feels great to get positive feedback from the rest of the world... Today I was in Fred Segal, a "trendy" store in LA, where a size 6 is considered a large (isn't LA great? haha). (btw, I am a guy). I was looking at some pants when this saleswoman approached, and she says "those are too small for you"...hmm, my first reaction, dating way back to several unpleasant size-related shopping experiences, was ouch, that hurts...she pauses and says to me "Yeah, those are a 30 waist, what are you a 34?".

Wow, did that feel great! I am just about a 34 waist now. I always thought a 32 or 34 was the "perfect" waist size for a man (how deep, huh?).

Anyway, 13 months ago I was a 48 waist - all of a sudden at that moment, it hit me what I have accomplished so far; I just felt really good.

angieK Thu, Sep-18-03 22:24

Those moments are amazing--you have worked hard to see those results. Good for you.
angie

josiekat Thu, Sep-18-03 22:55

You deserve to feel good about that. Your hard work has paid off....and you are right, we do this for ourselves....but I don't care what anyone says....it always, always, always makes us feel good when someone compliments us without them even knowing it! It truly is a great feeling.

Congrats to you!

Jo

Alina Fri, Sep-19-03 02:13

M,

I don't know which I admire more - your progress on this WOE or the sarcastic way of describing it? "(how deep, huh?)" - yes, why not? It's pretty deep to like yourself and to know you have done everything to feel that way.
There is nothing deep about feeling bad about yourself.......
So, about this measure of success - it's wonderful and I know how you feel.

Enjoy!

Alina

fishfish Fri, Sep-19-03 02:29

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Alina, thank you for complimenting me on my sarcasm; I work very hard on this. You have my permission to admire both my progress with this WOE and my sarcastic talents equally.

suntanlove Fri, Sep-19-03 04:43

I know LA is funny cause I have a daughter who lives there.She is average size and so she must have a hard time among the undernourished women there.She did meet a personal trainer there and he liked her just fine and she married.She is formerly from Canada and she says the sizes are so different.Now can you tell me how anyone can be a zero,like they say on tv?Does that mean they have actually disappeared off the radar.I mean come on Hollywood.It is a sad day when a size 6 is considered large.What would all of us overweight people who are in the double digits be called.Oh well it is all too funny.FishFish you are a great inspiration to all of us and by the way I think that 32 to 34 is perfect waist.I work retail and every man that comes in says that he is a 34 even though he could be a 34 to 44.See everone wants to be that size and you made it.Kudos to you and keep on keeping on.

jaybee007 Fri, Sep-19-03 04:47

Congratulations to you! It`s so funny how scars run deep. I would have put up my defense mechanisms as well, had I been told that.34 waist, quite the accomplishment, and you deserve to bask in the glory! well done....

kidee Fri, Sep-19-03 07:12

Great job, fishfish,
Gotta love that sarcasm!! You have done a wonderful job! :dazzle:

ian559 Fri, Sep-19-03 07:21

congrats on doing so great. To be honest just to wear a 42 would make me the happiest man on earth

MaggieP Fri, Sep-19-03 07:33

Good for you! :yay:

34 is an awesome measurement! And great sarcasm, I'd imagine it would be a must in the insanity that is LA. Keep up the good work!

almost Fri, Sep-19-03 10:09

You are a brave man to live in such a crazy city. :) I think you are right, 34 is supposed to be one of those magic sizes for men. I was so happy when I was finally able to put some on again for the first time in forever.

Congrats! Isn't that a great feeling?

Groggy60 Fri, Sep-19-03 10:53

I went from a 35 to a 33. Those odd sizes have been cursing my life for a long time. For a while a few years back a went through 34 on my way to 35. It is amazing how hard a 35 is to find, I hope 33's are easier or I will need to loose another 5 pounds to get to 32.

Birddog Fri, Sep-19-03 11:06

:dazzle: Pat your self on the back for a job well done. You should feel good. You have done an outstanding job. :dazzle:

fishfish Fri, Sep-19-03 11:10

Thank you Birddog. Judging from your stats, it looks like you deserve a pat on the back as well. Congratulations!

ItsTheWooo Fri, Sep-19-03 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfish
I am a big believer in doing this woe for yourself, and not for others, but sometimes it sure feels great to get positive feedback from the rest of the world... Today I was in Fred Segal, a "trendy" store in LA, where a size 6 is considered a large (isn't LA great? haha). (btw, I am a guy). I was looking at some pants when this saleswoman approached, and she says "those are too small for you"...hmm, my first reaction, dating way back to several unpleasant size-related shopping experiences, was ouch, that hurts...she pauses and says to me "Yeah, those are a 30 waist, what are you a 34?".

Wow, did that feel great! I am just about a 34 waist now. I always thought a 32 or 34 was the "perfect" waist size for a man (how deep, huh?).

Anyway, 13 months ago I was a 48 waist - all of a sudden at that moment, it hit me what I have accomplished so far; I just felt really good.

Wow, you lost 100 pounds! You are such an inspiration. I can't wait to be at my goal weight one day and have a moment like that.